What Mods Give Max Value?

-

archlab

Reaction score
OK, this is a modification of the previous post about the '340 Clone'. For discussion's sake, let's talk about what upgrades provide better value for an A-Body, specifically a 1968 B/Cuda.

Since this is just a post to get ideas, let's just talk about what is worth doing to improve drivability, enjoyment & yes, value.

By the way, I do appreciate that many people only mess w/ these cars 'for the love of it'. I respect that, but if you would, respect my interest in making my cars better. As such, I see that improving value is a good reason to do things. I'm just axx-ing a question, not threatening anyone's philosophy....'so lighten up, Francis.'

Thanks Doods (& Dood-ettes, if any).

My guess (I hope) is anything visual..good paint job..interior..this is a big one..many folks are scared off by a bad interior..tires/rims..hood scoops..

Clean and neat.. good glass..no leaks..or if you are a numbers guy, all matching numbers and originality..

Looking fwd to hear other opinions..

Grassy

Disc brake swap, change out to an 8 1/4+ rear, power steering, power brakes, dual exhaust, additional insulation, sound system, wiring upgrade for headlights and voltage meter...
C

disk brakes with matching front and rear bolt pattern, suspension moog ball joints, tie rods, bushings, good shocks, front sway bar, rear springs,good running engine and good shifting trans, electronic ignition upgrade, clean interior, nice paint and chrome, new tires.

I Really like those two replies. I've done most of those except for new paint & ferretting out the leaks.

Those are excellent items to do & are generally not too pricey to do them.

perfect paint and body work,with no rust and minimal bondo.Minitubbed already with nice wheels and tires.Upgraded suspension components with a new performance car handling and big brakes is becoming popular.I also see the new hemi swaps and tko 5 speed manual trans swaps are really popular.

-
Back