What mopar had 15/16 aluminum master cylinder?

-
At the recommendation from 340sFastback I ordered one for a 1973 340 Duster with power disc brakes. It is 15/16" bore. I also used 7/8" rear wheel cylinders. This went on my 71 Scamp with manual discs up front and drums out back. It brakes nicely without breaking a leg!

Looking for the light weight aluminum two bolt cylinders the later cars had, don't think any of the four bolt cylinders came in aluminum?

Ordered one for an 87 Chrysler 5a. The MC was $30 I think off ebay with a reservoir. To be honest I'm not a fan of the really hard peddle feel now. Wish I would have just gotten a stock replacement Drum-Drum MC even though I changed to disks in the front.

Thats why I want the 15/16 bore, so it's not so hard but further travel, but finding that bore with the level plastic tank on top seems to be the hard part.

I wonder if its an issue flipping the tank around front to back? The cylinder will face down in my car due to the rake, so don't really want a tank higher in the back.

The Dr. Diff ones are modded for the manual brake pushrod. A stock Dakota one won't support that. All Dakotas are power brake. If you have power brakes, you're all good except for the adapter plate for your booster.

Hadn't thought about that, I know when I threw the booster out of my old dart, the master cylinder accepted the manual push rod just had to buy the little rubber retainer. I would have thought they'd all be machined the same way, but I guess factory manual brakes pretty much disappeared after the 70's.

Dr. Diff is going to be the only place to find the right aluminum master cylinder in 15/16". The one's he uses are originally 1-1/32", Cass sleeves them down to 15/16" and modifies them to take the manual push rod.

Dr. Diff is going to be the only place to find the right aluminum master cylinder in 15/16". The one's he uses are originally 1-1/32", Cass sleeves them down to 15/16" and modifies them to take the manual push rod.

Wonder why he doesn't just start with a factory 15/16 cylinder?

Mine is quite obviously a factory dakota master cylinder where the primary piston was modified for the manual pushrod to fit.

-
Back