what on earth shall i do with this pinion yoke?????

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
I have a yoke i took off my 489 center section.....i can't find the number that's on it ANYWHERE (2533178)
i measured it, and it is apparent to me that the yoke is a 1330 piece. it measures 3 5/8" between the insides of the cap stopperholdernipplethingys.......and the diameter is roughly 1 1/16"

oh, and it's 29 spline, and takes U-bolts.......

the problem is that i don't think i have a 13--rear yoke on the driveshaft, so i will have to get another yoke...or use the one on the 741 rear that's in there now, if it's a fine-spline.....

. you said that you checked the pinion angle, both ends of the drive shaft need to be at the same angle, when you put in the springs ,you raised the back of the car ,thus raising the angle of the tranny . if every thing else fails to fix the problem I would look into the drive shaft angles.. they must be equal, other wise one u -joint will over speed the other one ,this can cause a hi pitched vibration. also make sure the car is sitting on its wheels when you check the angles, I have had to shim a tranny or the cross member to correct a problem like this before. this one is a long shot, but when all else fails, we need to check everything.... good luck

i think you somehow replied to the wrong post, but the angles were my first check a couple of months ago, and the rear angle was off by 5 degrees from where I set it with the old springs. i took care of that and still hadn't fixed it.

i think it's going to end up being just this worn out bushing.

-
Back