What to get powder coated?

-

gold68dart

Reaction score
I've decided to powder coat my new Edelbrock Air Gap to help prevent against staining. This is my first time powder coating anything. I figured while I'm at it, I should go ahead and powder coat other "essential" items. This may sound strange, but I am having a hard time deciding what really should be powder coated over painted. So I am turning to you guys/gals for some help. What things have you found beneficial to get powder coated? Keep in mind that my dart is a driver not a Sunday only show car. Thanks!!

Mark

powder accesory brackets,nuts and bolts (mask the threads),intake,carb spacer if you have one,valve covers maybe,timing cover maybe,oil pan,the list can go on and on.

also, not sure if you are in the market to farm the work out but our very own member cudachick (Leanna) is a professional and does GREAT work from everything I have seen.

you may want to contact her

also, not sure if you are in the market to farm the work out but our very own member cudachick (Leanna) is a professional and does GREAT work from everything I have seen.

Times 2, 3, 4, etc, etc! She has done a number of engine and chassis brackets for me in gloss black and everything is top notch. I just got my slant 6 Offy valve cover back and it's really TOO nice to put it on a car. It's powder coated in that new chrome she's got and a glossy bright red which should match the engine color. As she will tell you, the casting from Offy wasn't the greatest, but she worked wonders with it!

EDIT: I added the new chrome oil filler cap and chrome PCV cap with new valve.

Attachments

• offy valve cover 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 198
  • offy valve cover 002.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 199
powder accesory brackets,nuts and bolts (mask the threads),intake,carb spacer if you have one,valve covers maybe,timing cover maybe,oil pan,the list can go on and on.

And to top it off...she's HOT!!...lol

She goes by CudaChick1968
And here is the rest of the info:

PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS
Where Your Parts Are Reborn
Professional Custom Powder Coating
731-613-9192 (10-9 central time daily)

Visit the ALL NEW PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings.com

8-)To 65 dartman, that valve cover really looks great!! To CudaChick, you did a fantastic job on on the valve cover!!! 5 Stars

8-)To 65 dartman, that valve cover really looks great!! To CudaChick, you did a fantastic job on on the valve cover!!! 5 Stars

All the credit belongs to Leanna! As I told Leanna, guess I will bite the bullet :wink: and use it on a "built" slant I have planned for my 65 Dart wagon :D

Hey guys, thanks for the props and the referral to our new member. It's always great reading comments like those.

First off gold68dart, welcome to FABO! You'll have a blast around here and might have already noticed that people are extremely helpful and want only to see you get your car finished.

So do I. I'll coat anything metal 6'9" or less that will withstand 500 degrees, but generally specialize in Mopar parts and one-off customs like Dartman's valve cover up there. I offer FABO members discounts depending on the level of membership -- 10% across the board or 20% for Gold members who help support the site -- and periodically offer monthly specials on certain parts or other deals as the mood strikes me. [I know the owner. I can get away with stuff like that. :-D]

Anyway, take a look through my website when you get a few minutes. Work samples are all over it but mainly in the Gallery. I try to keep it updated with current work but am not always successful at it -- it's a lack of time thing -- so check back once in awhile if you're inclined to see what's new. Details on deals are on the Pricing & Shipping / Special Discounts page and you can check out our toys and a bunch of other cool stuff on the About Us & Our Friends page.

All in all, I love what I do around here and am happy to work with you to make your dream come to life. Turning car and bike parts into works of art is something I take a lot of pride in and, with over 6,500 powder colors to choose from, if you can imagine it then it can become reality. Feel free to give me a call or send a PM / email (good photos of your parts help me to give you the most accurate quote). If you have a bunch of stuff you want to get done at once like it sounds, then I can make you a killer deal and tie it all together color wise.

I look forward to working with you!

-
Back