-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimrat11

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
She has owned this sled for over thirty years, and it only has 66,000 miles. It has not been driven for the last six years. Starts and runs - desperately needs new gasoline and a tuneup.

As you can tell from the pictures, the left front torsion bar needs replacing.

It's a /six with auto, P/S, P/B.

The body is in pretty decent shape. Has a touch of rust here and there, but nothing I would call serious.

I need to help her get this thing out of her garage.

Thoughts?

PICT1016.jpg

PICT1017.jpg

PICT1018.jpg

oh jeez....I don't know.

$100.00 .....ok....I don't want to spend so much on the dang thing but i guess Ill buy it for that.

LOL... J/k

It looks pretty clean....no interior pics? engine bay pictures?

clear title?

where is it located?

what options does it have?

I am sure some other guys can give you a good idea of what its worth....and don't be surprised if one of these guys wants to buy it! it looks clean from the pictures.

I would say .....running and driving .....maybe $3000.00? maybe more? maybe less? I am no expert on the 4 door valiants so I am no help lol

Thanks for your replies...

I jacked up the car and looked. There's a clean - fresh - fracture in the torsion bar.
I found that surprising because it broke while stored in the garage. Temperatures here (Toronto area) can get well below zero in the winter, so I suppose the heat/cool cycle may have had something to do with it. Metallurgy 101 says that metal gets brittle when cold.

The forward coupler - to the lower A-frame - is almost rustfree. I did not look at the attachment point in the back. It's not an attachment issue.

The torsion bar is Chrysler's P/N 2071622, with a later (heavier) version of 2535888. Local dealers did not have stock, but there's several used ones on Ebay for $20 and up. The stock diameter was 0.83" or thereabouts. Sporting types are replacing this with
1.0" to get better cornering capabilities. Seriously - with a slant-six, who would worry about such things?

The interior is your usual 1970's vinyl - not exactly high end, but as I recall, it was clean and rip-free. This gal is 88 - she has not flogged the car. If someone is interested, I can flood them with pictures.

If anyone is interested, please respond. Granny is going to move in another 6-12 months, and she won't have space for two cars at the new place. I need to make this car go away.

I thought you were trying to get it out of her garage and in to yours.

To get the most money fix the torsion bar, clean out the old gas and tune it up.

I'll buy the torsion bar.
I'll furnish the floor jack and jack stands.
I'll furnish the tools.
I'll buy the beer.
You buy the car.

I need to make this car go away. Grannie is selling this house and will not have a place to keep it once she moves.

How can you resist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back