What's it worth?? Clausing 1770 variable speed drill press

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Got a chance to bid on a really nice Clausing model 1770 drill press at work in a silent auction. I'm not finding much online about them, so I am wondering if what it's worth if I can get a deal on it. Looks to be lightly used - clean and in good shape.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Pauly

What are the ranges and the size of the press? Sometimes, when it comes to machinery and tooling, you can look up similar machines within the same age and use ranges to gather a good idea of value. I've had to do this on some of the antique tools that I paid for.

Hi everyone! Got a chance to bid on a really nice Clausing model 1770 drill press at work in a silent auction. I'm not finding much online about them, so I am wondering if what it's worth if I can get a deal on it. Looks to be lightly used - clean and in good shape.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Pauly

I'm seeing in the newsgroups that people are very impressed with them.
There is a used 1766 variable on ebay for 800 right now, with a buy it now for 1,100 or so.
I also found a used 1754 for $799.00
Any of the upright bench style presses by Clausing start at about 2,300.00 for the smaller ones. (18-20 inch)

When I was looking for a good drill press there was nothing worth buying for less than $600 and descent ones were over a thousand. If you could buy that one for $500 it would be a great deal. I ended up buying an Enco Milll for $1200 at auction with bits and collets

-
Back