whats the best manual steering box

-

71dustar

Reaction score
now that i finally am able to drive the duster there is a lot of slop in the wheel.I could get used to the slop but i'd rather not. seems like there is between 20 and 30 degrees of free play in the wheel before you actually feel the the tires turning. who makes the best manual steering box?

any reason why they are so expense too?

Mopar made the best ones.

If you have 20-30 degrees of slop in your steering, you have a very dangerous situation and should not drive the car until it's fixed.

Is it the box? Idler arm? Tie rod ends? The box is adjustable, but until everything else is replaced, monkeying with the box will fix nothing. I've seen many steering boxes with 200,000+ miles that required only a slight adjustment, if any at all. I've also seen a lot of sloppy idler arms.

..............Check out the front end parts 1st as stated earlier, u can adj the box, but get the fsm and follow it step by step........................if u cant diy get some1 that can................kim............

well i adjusted the screw on top a 1/4 turn after i checked all the steering linkage and it seemed to help with the slop.

-
Back