which clutch to use: parts store or big money name brand

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am converting my car over to a 4 speed. I need a new clutch kit and need a little guidance for what to buy. Are the usual parts store clutch kits good for a mild engine in a street car or should I call summit racing and buy a big name brand for three times the money. My car is a 67 Dart with a 340 ( less than 350 hp ) with 3.91 gears. This is a street car that won't be run hard much other than just an occasional burst to clean out the exhaust.

I always install the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch in regular street driven cars up to 550hp. They have a soft pedal feel and hold up very well. A clutch is the last thing that you want coming apart when you want to play rough.

And of course the old adage goes "you get what you pay for" in a lot of circumstances.

X2 on the centerforce DF. I went threw about 3 or 4 parts store (napa) and (advance auto) before I got tired of it and got the centerforce. Been in the car 5 years, and I beat the living crap out of it. Very smooth, but tons of grip behind a 340

X2 on the centerforce DF. I went threw about 3 or 4 parts store (napa) and (advance auto) before I got tired of it and got the centerforce. Been in the car 5 years, and I beat the living crap out of it. Very smooth, but tons of grip behind a 340

From some of the searches I have done and the info posted here, centerforce seems to be the way to go.

-
Back