which one

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
On a 79 360, 325 HP 9 to 1 compression, would the Thunder series carb or the Performer series be better?
I was thinking of the Thunder 650 replacing my old Holley 600 CFM.

What's the problem, with the current Holley 600 you have now ? Curious...

On a 79 360, 325 HP 9 to 1 compression, would the Thunder series carb or the Performer series be better?
I was thinking of the Thunder 650 replacing my old Holley 600 CFM.
for gas mileage they are better than holley , for performance/ maintenance holley

Of the two, I'd like the 650 AVS style myself. If your engine is comfortable with a 600ish carb, and you already have the Holley, I'd try and work with that. Going back to a Carter style carb will require fuel line and linkage mods also. I'm curious what intake it's going on too?

Of the two, I'd like the 650 AVS style myself. If your engine is comfortable with a 600ish carb, and you already have the Holley, I'd try and work with that. Going back to a Carter style carb will require fuel line and linkage mods also. I'm curious what intake it's going on too?

I presently have an RPM air gap, I think what I like the best is the attraction to chrome where the Holley is dirty. Maybe all I need is a good clean up, the carb works fine except for the fuel mileage which is awful.

-
Back