Which Washer Bottle

-

Monaro

Reaction score
My washer bottle is u.s. so before ordering new one can I get advice on should I get another foot operated one or update to electric motor model? and if a update how do I wire it up for operation?
Cheers,
Paul

G'day, Paul. The electric screenwasher is a good bit more convenient to use. The toughest part is coming up with a wiper switch equipped to operate it, and even that's not too hard depending on what year and model of car we're talking about here (please state). Wire-up is easy: one wire from the "W" terminal on the wiper switch to the electric pump, which gets its earth locally via a short wire secured under one of the washer bottle mounting screws.

G'day Dan.
Thanks for your speedy reply car is a 1969 notchback barracuda.
Cheers,
Paul

There's a screenwasher switch attached to the back of the wiper switch on cars so equipped. Pressing the wiper switch knob activates the washer switch, as the wiper switch shaft extends through the length of the switch body so it can press the washer switch. If you can't come up with one of the washer switches or an appropriate wiper switch with washer switch already attached, it shouldn't be too hard to rig it up with an off-the-shelf pushbutton momentary-contact switch.

My 69 fish also has a foot pump... I kind of like it just because it's unique to older cars. It's also never failed to work unlike the cheap electric motors I get for my other cars.

-
Back