Widest without mini-tub'n

-
Reaction score
Hey guys, got a 1972 scamp and I am wanting it to be ready by summer for a few car shows I want to go to. So I wanted to know what is the widest tire that could fit inside a 72 scamp without tubing the rear end? That is what I want to do this next winter time to fit 17x11.5 in rear.

Going to try and run 15s in cop rims all around, but I wanted to widen the rears to widest possible.

Ay help would be greatly appreciated.

27 X 10.5 MT street ET's and its tight. I have inboard springs and 15" wheels with a 5.5 back set. A 5" back set would have been perfect.

IMG_1177.jpg

27 X 10.5 MT street ET's and its tight. I have inboard springs and 15" wheels with a 5.5 back set. A 5" back set would have been perfect.

Are you running 15x10" or?, I have ´67 ´cuda and going to move springs to the frame, without minitubing, and there may be room for 15x10" and 275/60 tire, haven´t measured yet....

Are you running 15x10" or?, I have ´67 ´cuda and going to move springs to the frame, without minitubing, and there may be room for 15x10" and 275/60 tire, haven´t measured yet....

Rims are 15" x 8" rally wheels with a 5 1/2 " back set. The tires are 10 1/2" x 27" and I have about 3/4" to 1" on either side. Nothing rubs even on tight corners but I wouldn't want to go any bigger with out a mini tub.

I am running 295 50 15 on 15 x 8 rallys with a 5 1/2 backspacing. These tires are 11.7 x 27 inches. I moved the springs in 3/4". There is about 5/8" of clearance on each side. This is on a 72 swinger.

Are you guys moving the springs with offset hagers and shackles, or with the kit that cuts into the frame?

Rims are 15" x 8" rally wheels with a 5 1/2 " back set. The tires are 10 1/2" x 27" and I have about 3/4" to 1" on either side. Nothing rubs even on tight corners but I wouldn't want to go any bigger with out a mini tub.

so you did move your spring perches and springs in but not mini tub or is it all stock?

i know i have seen it either on here or a link to a site from here... but where is someone that has moved their springs and all in that shows how they did it lol. i like to do a lot of research before i do a big job like this lol

Running 225/60/R15 on 71 scamp with 4 1/2" offset and stock spring location. Could probably go a little wider.

-
Back