will 235/60-15 fit a '65 barracud ??

-

joesnow

Reaction score
Will a 1965 barracuda fit 235/60-15 on 15' x 7" rims on all four corners? I don't know the backspace. I am figuring it is standard. Thanks.

on the rim offset on a 17x7 wheel. But they fit on my 64 Dart. The front most edge of the tire is very tight against the foward area of the 1/4. 225s fit very nice, the 235 makes it barely!

I was able to put 235/60 X 15 on the Back with super stock springs but they rubbed with out the extra height from the SS springs. I was able to use 235/60 X 14 all the way around with stock 7 X14 (BBP) inch rims but aftermarket rims with different backspacing may not work.

with the 73-up front discs they would definitly rub the front lower edge of the front fender on my car. I moved the rear springs inward 3/4" and had a b-body rear narrowed to fit and 255/60R-15's fit like a glove. Don't think you want to go through all that though.

With the right offset wheels you can fit them on the back. I had an F60/14 tire that I think was a bit wider than your tire on the back of my 64 (exactly the same body as a 65) & it fit with no problems. Search for posts by me from quite a while back & you'll find pics & info on how they fit my car. I don't think you can get away with that tall of a tire on front. Watch for interference with the wheel at the outer edge of the upper control arm & where the tie rod attaches to the spindle. I also had some problems with the front tires hitting the lower front edge of the wheel opening when I used an E70/14 tire. Went to an E60/14 & all was fine when I used the same wheels as on the back with the addition of a 7/16" (I think) spacer. I wouldn't recommend spacers though. The post I mentioned gives measurements for the F60 tire. The E70 &E60 tires are long gone so I can't give any dimensions for them.

245/60/15's on the back no problem. You'll have a tough time fitting that size on the front? The width will get you on the turns.

keystones 002.jpg

245/60/15's on the back no problem. You'll have a tough time fitting that size on the front? The width will get you on the turns.

So, what is the car that you have those tires on?? The trim and wheelwell/quarter panel don't seem to be the as my shape as my 64ragtops.

-
Back