Will 275/60/14 rear fit on my 72' Dart?

-

SwedenMopar

Reaction score
A couple of days ago i purchased some wheels for the rear in my dart. I got them really cheap so i never really thought if they would fit, i just bought them :-D So now i wonder if anyone knows if they will fit without any major modifications? The rims are 14"/8" centerline with 4" backspacing, and the tires on them are 275/60. Perhaps someone else is running the same combo who could tell? :)

Those will not fit in the wheel wells, they will stick out pretty far.

Dartboy I am not sure where you are getting your info from but I have Super Stock leaf springs and 275/60/15's under my demon and there is plenty of room. I have 15-8's with a 4.5 inch backspacing. I would not forsee any problem at all fitting a 14-8 with the 275/60's It will be a little shorter with the inch less of rim size and you will have more room if you are not running super stock springs.

Jeff

Like Kevin and Dartboy said, they won't fit a Dart. Not to mention a 275 60 14 would be a bias ply tire and will have a wider tread than a radial, the largest 14" tire you can get in a radial is a 245 60 unless you go with Hoosier or one of the race tire companies. 245's are a tight fit on a Dart without the correct back spacing.

-
Back