Will 4.5 BS Draglite fit on front of 68 Dart?

-

flyboy01

Its almost done!
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy some Draglites cheap, thaey are 15x7 with 4.5 back-space. I want to use these on the front of my 68 Dart, will they interfere with the front suspension? Is 4.5 BS too much? I plant to run them with 225/60r15 tires, which are the same size as my rears, its the 4.5 backspace that is my biggest concern.

I think those rims may be a little too large for the front of your car. What width and wheel backspacing do you have on the front now? With that info, you should be able to take some measurements and determine if they'll hit on the body or suspension components. Or, if your current rear's are 7" rims, put them on the front and check for cleearance after measuring the backspacing. This should put you in the ballpark for clearance concerns, by adding the difference in measurement between the 4.5" BS to the BS on the current rims. O.K. Now I even confusing myself. :)

I think it might be too much, also. I have 15x8 w/4.5 BS in back, I think I found a set of 15x5's for the front. That I might pick up tomorrow.

I always liked the small front, large rear look on my A bodies also.
Those 15 x 8" with the 4.5" BS must be just about filling up those stock rear wheelwells. I don't think you can go much bigger without moving the springs and maybe doing some mini-tubs - depending on the size of your tires of course.

As far as the fit on the front end. I'm running the exact size your considering.
I have sbp 15x7 Rallys, custom made with 4.5" backspacing. My tires are firestone firehawks in 225/60/15.
The fit is very nice, no clearance issues with the tires at all. However the inside lip of the wheel is Very close to the end of the upper control arm and ball joint. Its so close that you can put any wheel weights on the back side of the rim cause they will hit the ball joint. Other than that they work great !

I'm running the same size on all four corners. The car has stock sbp disks up front and 8-3/4 with stock spring location in back.

Heres a couple pics

tirefit2.jpg

tirefit.jpg

OldVart said:
I always liked the small front, large rear look on my A bodies also.
Those 15 x 8" with the 4.5" BS must be just about filling up those stock rear wheelwells. I don't think you can go much bigger without moving the springs and maybe doing some mini-tubs - depending on the size of your tires of course.

Can you put 245/70R15 tires on the back with a rim like this?

-
Back