Will it fit?

-

JGC403

Reaction score
Will a Weiand Hi-Ram Tunnel Ram fit under the hood of a '68 Barracuda? I don't have the 383 in the car right now, or I would measure myself.

Will a Weiand Hi-Ram Tunnel Ram fit under the hood of a '68 Barracuda? I don't have the 383 in the car right now, or I would measure myself.

It might fit as long as you don't put carburators on top of it....:toothy10:

It might fit as long as you don't put carburators on top of it....:toothy10:

Maybe... 8) I have a 383 in my '67 B-cuda, and with a Performer Rpm intake, the stock hood rubs the paint off the 3" air filter.

Maybe... 8) I have a 383 in my '67 B-cuda, and with a Performer Rpm intake, the stock hood rubs the paint off the 3" air filter.

The Performer RPM is about 5.8" tall from the end rails of the block to the top of the carb flange. Indy's Tunnel Ram for the B-engine is 10" tall.

I want to run fuel injection, and I think the throttle body is a little shorter than a carb.

Also I want to put a Hemi scoop on. So the air filter could poke up into the scoop a little.

The Performer RPM is about 5.8" tall from the end rails of the block to the top of the carb flange. Indy's Tunnel Ram for the B-engine is 10" tall.

I want to run fuel injection, and I think the throttle body is a little shorter than a carb.

Also I want to put a Hemi scoop on. So the air filter could poke up into the scoop a little.

Oh… Well this changes everything. Anything will fit if you cut a big enough hole and get a big enough scoop.

Oh… Well this changes everything. Anything will fit if you cut a big enough hole and get a big enough scoop.

But will it all fit under a standard size AAR fiberglass Hemi scoop?

The entire air filter might be inside the scoop.

i remember a dart i used to see that had a bb with a t ram, he didnt run air cleaners but the carbs were just about flush with the hood a small air cleaner might work

I don't know who this pic belongs to, but here's some idea of what you're up against.

Attachments

• bbtunnel.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 124
-
Back