will these rims fit my 69 dart custom

-

andrewj1398

Reaction score
I have a set of 2006 factory charger wheels that are 18" 7.5 width and bolt pattern 5x114.3 will these work with out lifting the car? These things are sweet would love to put them on my dart custom if they would fit or if i need an adapter. Would they even clear?

Thanks

114.3 will not fit small bolt pattern.
114.3 is the same as 4.5 inches.
If you converted to big bolt patterm they would go on the lugs but past that I don't know.

Read this thread - all of it, it wont help you if you don't already have the 4.5" bolt pattern on your car but it might be useful otherwise.

Question - did you measure the bolt pattern of the wheels? I have measured a couple of later LX wheels and agree that they are a 4.5" bolt pattern, but I would like to hear from some other people that they have actually measured some and confirm my numbers.

Wow a lot of back and forth info going on in that thread and i'm not sure they solved the issue. It seems like I might be able to make them work with adapers. My wheels are the stock srt wheels like the one in the pic of the 74 2dr dart primed. I guess we will just have to see....

If those are the same wheels I saw on the gray primered Dart, they aren't SRT wheels. Those are R/T wheels. SRT8 wheels are 20", I'm betting your's are 18's.

Do this, throw one of your wheels in your trunk and find a wrecking yard that will let use their bolt circle gauge to check the bolt pattern on your wheels. That will settle the question about what bolt pattern your wheels have. I'd be curious to hear your results.

Take into consideration the backspacing on the late model wheels vs what you need to work with on the '69. Also take into consideration the thickness of the adaptors (which I have never been a big fan of). I am thinking that they may be able to get something to work in the rears but foresee fitment issues up front (especially with the use of an adaptor). Also, think about what tires sizes might work and their availability. Good luck.

-
Back