will they fit

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
I am doing a complete drivetrain swap from a 74 swinger. I am also switching over the complete front end with disc brakes and the rear also seeing its a factory v-8 car and mine is/was a slant 6

I have a 70 dart swinger with the factory wheels not sure what they are called but not the steel ones. I like them and would like to continue to use them if possible.

thanks in advance

The 74 disc parts would be 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern, your 70 Dart Swinger would have 5 on 4" bolt pattern from the factory....so, will your wheels interchange? No.

thats what i was afraid of ughhh.

well i will prob just put new tires on paint the steel wheels and run hubcaps until i can get some new wheels

thanks

`.. the 74 swinger rear axle may be a bit narrower than an A body 8 3/4
not sure about the `stock 7 1/4

`.. the 74 swinger rear axle may be a bit narrower than an A body 8 3/4
not sure about the `stock 7 1/4

so are you saying the rear end out of the 74 swinger might not work inmy 70 swinger ??

It will bolt in with no issues. If it is an 8 1/4 rear end you will have to have the drive shaft shortened.

even if i am using the whole complete set up( motor/trans/driveshaft and rear end) from front to back out of the 74.

The 74 drive shaft should fit your 70.

i figured that it should fit seeing i am using the whole set up from the 74.

just taking everything from the radiator to the rear end from the 73 and putting it all in the 70

-
Back