Window regulator problem

-

BWDart

Reaction score
My door glass fell into the door and now the regulator seems to be stuck in the up position. The handle won't move it and I reached into the door and grabbed it and it still won't move. The glass will move. The plastic button was laying in the door as was the slotted piece that goes on the roller.
What's holding it?
72 Dart hardtop
Also before this happened you could push the window down from the outside with no resistance.
Thanks Bruce

There is a ball that the plastic roller fits on if this is your rear glass it geting stuck in the track.That happened to me on my 69 dart.I cant seam to find a roller so i just removed the track now up and down no problims.Not the way to go but it work.

Thanks Snake
The glass is not stuck just the regulator.
Any other ideas
Thanks Bruce

Just so you know the roller you speak of Snake is available from Layson's. Just installed mine last night.

I would remove the regulator and try to get it to move outside the car. If you do, then clean it completely and relube with white lithium grease.

Thanks Red
I'm going o pull it as soon as it warms up a little outside.
Going to be real careful this time, I pulled a tailgate reg from a wagoneer once and the spring let loose and ran my fingers thru the gears and guess what, the only way out was back thru the gears. Hurts just to think about it.
Thanks again Bruce

Got it fixed. For anyone who runs into this problem when the button came out of the glass the spring turned the regulator all the way around. I took it out, pryed the case a little to let it pass and moved it around to the correct position. Still needs a new regulator but I'm thinking of going power.

-
Back