Window seals

-

Matts440

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone when installing the window seals at the top of the door instead of the spray adhesive has anyone tried some strong double sided tape? To attach the seal to the frame.

I was just doing this today and thinking the same thing but ended up with the black weather seal glue as I already had it

I should have mentioned that I glued the seal strip to the window channel rather than the car. Not sure if that matters though.

AlV

Awesome thanks, yea it's to the window channel trim pieces not to the car frame itself.

I was just wondering if anyone when installing the window seals at the top of the door instead of the spray adhesive has anyone tried some strong double sided tape? To attach the seal to the frame.

If I were you, I wouldn't use the tape in about three years the tape adhesive will dry out and it will all come apart. (Ask me how I know this)

Take it from person all experience?? Well i did try the tape but it isn't sticking to the rubber seals, luckily not sure about all 67-69 darts but they seal are locked in on each side of the seal (first time doing a body) so might get some weather strip adhesive and put it on that way again before I get the car all done. I even cleaned the rubber like 3m says to do and still won't stick that good after holding pressure.

-
Back