WIW silver 65 Barracuda commando

-

Valiant63

Early A-body Valiants
Reaction score
I normally don't like these questions, but yet I'm going to ask this because I'm unsure what I'm willing to pay. Tjere is a 50,000 mile 65 Barracuda Commando car, not a formula S car, with a 273 Commando and 4 speed in it for sale locally. I'm going to look at the car tomorrow and possibly make an offer. It is driver quality with slightly torn seats and the original faded, beat up carpet and incorrect headliner. Unfortunately it's also painted black under the hood. It is mostly original, complete and silver in color with possibly original, but good looking paint. Carb not original and no other upgrades. What is a good offer for it?

I normally don't like these questions, but yet I'm going to ask this because I'm unsure what I'm willing to pay. Tjere is a 50,000 mile 65 Barracuda Commando car, not a formula S car, with a 273 Commando and 4 speed in it for sale locally. I'm going to look at the car tomorrow and possibly make an offer. It is driver quality with slightly torn seats and the original faded, beat up carpet and incorrect headliner. Unfortunately it's also painted black under the hood. It is mostly original, complete and silver in color with possibly original, but good looking paint. Carb not original and no other upgrades. What is a good offer for it?
Sounds like a potentially nice car.....for me I would need more information to determine an offer price. What is the condition of the body? (any rust or previous damage). Is the engine and drive line original to the car? Fender tag still there? Currently licensed and driven? And don't take for granted it was an original 273HP / 4 speed car..verify with the fender tag.
Having said that....the 64-66 Barracudas don't command as much in price compared to the 2nd generation models. Personally the first generation is my choice because they are a bit more affordable and they do attract attention on the road and at pit stops.
So until more information is at hand: Offer price $1000 to $10000. Sorry wish I could be more helpful.

A 273 commando with a four speed is a fun car to drive.
I like cars as close to original condition so that's what I look for and the black engine compartment could mean an engine swap (318) at some point in the last 50 years.
A car that is driveable, licensed is better, that is solid, no rust on frame & no major corrosion issues should get around $4000, maybe $500 more if it's nice looking.
That's a nice looking car.

Last edited:
-
Back