Working on a 72 Duster Twister.

-

JonnyMcSizzle

Reaction score
Hey y’all. I had a 72 Scamp in high school & recently found a 72 Twister. It’s 3 on the floor with a 8.75 rear end. It has an older Edlebrock performer set up. (Intake, 650 carb, & cam.) Not sure how much else was done to the car in it’s life. The rear feels like it’s ratio’d in the high 3s. We’ll have to figure that out. Got a budget to get the body cleaned up because I sold my 2015 Ram to get this car. It was a Texas car & only rusted through where the quarters held water. Surface rust all over the roof. Looks like it may have spent many years parked under a pine tree. Runs like a champ & I’ll try to share it’s progress on here. My wife & I were the senior class couple in high school and I added our 1989 year book picture with the 72 Scamp. God bless.

IMG_2633.jpeg

IMG_2807.jpeg

Hey y’all. I had a 72 Scamp in high school & recently found a 72 Twister. It’s 3 on the floor with a 8.75 rear end. It has an older Edlebrock performer set up. (Intake, 650 carb, & cam.) Not sure how much else was done to the car in it’s life. The rear feels like it’s ratio’d in the high 3s. We’ll have to figure that out. Got a budget to get the body cleaned up because I sold my 2015 Ram to get this car. It was a Texas car & only rusted through where the quarters held water. Surface rust all over the roof. Looks like it may have spent many years parked under a pine tree. Runs like a champ & I’ll try to share it’s progress on here. My wife & I were the senior class couple in high school and I added our 1989 year book picture with the 72 Scamp. God bless.

View attachment 1716125463

View attachment 1716125464

Can anyone confirm what Shade of Chestnut the Scamp in the picture was? It’s hard to tell from the picture but it had metal flake.

-
Back