World Products

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
Anybody using one of these blocks ? Which one and wheres the best place to buy? I think I want to use one with a small block stroker I'm planning but would like some feed back first

Are you building a SB chevy because I don't know of any World Products SB Mopar block. But if you have a link I'd love to see it.

world products make blocks for big block, not small block.

world products make blocks for big block, not small block.

Indy cylinder heads have be advertising new cast resto blocks in 340 and 340 siamese bored plus 360 both water and filled for about a year now they have them in with there World Products hemi and wedge blocks in the magazine adds so I thought they were made by World Products but hey I could be wrong they could be made by someone else I just want to get some opinions /options on these new cast resto blocks for my next build , my understanding is they come ready for both the standard 10 bolt mopar heads and the 18 bolt performance heads which is what caught my interest as I am lookin at building a Hughes 426" stroker and want to make everything as bullet proof as possible

Indy is carrying the 340r3 block. I believe this is the block your talking bout. It is still made by mopar I believe. It has MOPAR casting numbers in etc.

And the r3 is a perfect choice no matter what you want to do.

There is also the ritter xr1 block, although I haven't seen one of these yet.
http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/smallblockfromritterracing.php

After seeing everybody's responses I went and grabbed a couple of old MCG mags and looked at the ads again the June 09 issue ad has abox in the bottom right corner with the heading mopar World Blocks and has a list of the blocks they have available including the world products BB and Hemi and the 340 resto blocks , the Feb 2010 MCG ad is different and list all their products seperately by engine family ,under the A block heading they list 3 part #s for 340 non siamese , 340 siamese , and R3 -48degree non siamese - making this not to confusing he said sarcastically - the hughes link you provided seems to be the only reference to the Ritter block as I can't find it in their catalogue but I am hesitant to put what seems like a real high dollar specialty item in my everyday street car and would prefer something more people are using , that said I understand the 48 deg thing but what is so special about siamese bore and is it still a water block or a race only solid/filled type block ?

Those are all Mopar small blocks except of course the Ritter block.

Siamese bore blocks are still water blocks but water does not pass between the cylinders. You can run a much larger bore with this block, up to 4.22.

Those are all Mopar small blocks except of course the Ritter block.

Siamese bore blocks are still water blocks but water does not pass between the cylinders. You can run a much larger bore with this block, up to 4.22.

Thank for the help , How are these blocks for heat ? do they build up heat real bad in traffic or on extended high speed highway runs ? I like to be able to hop in the car and go places far away sometimes at speeds ahem above normal shall we say -only at times when these highways are deserted of course , after all who wants to take 5-6 days to get cross country when you can do it in 3

-
Back