Would 53 54 dodge hub caps fit a steel rim for a 1968 dart?

-
53-54 full wheel covers are 15" and will fit most 15" rims, not sure about truck caps on 14" rims

Which year dart do you have? All Mopar wheels prior to 1967 use a larger center like my 1966 coronet, and my 67-70 dart rims use the newer caps with the smaller center, like the 68 and newer rim, A B or C body.. a 53-54 cap won't fit a newer dart rim, as the large diameter hubcap was discontinued. I did see 13' inch rims with the large pattern, for the 60-65 lancer, valiant, dart,barracuda A body. So, You go by the year it was made, not the wheel size. 66 or older, 68 and newer. 67 some old and some were the new style. my Gtx has the old diameter, and my later year GTX had the new, smaller style. Chrysler did crazy stuff back then!

I have a 53 wheel and will try and check the cap diameter. the caps are held on by 5 tab like clips.

It will be obvious. The old dog dish caps are about an Inch or more in larger diameter. Dodge and Plymouth made some cool 63-67 dog dish hubcaps, if you can find them. The full wheel covers are nice too. as long as you look at the older styles that were very shallow, with the rim reversed to the Inside. If you have the 14' dart wheel, some of the old 14' wheel covers will fit.

I have a 53 wheel and will try and check the cap diameter. the caps are held on by 5 tab like clips.

The tabs you're talking about are the ones rivited to the wheel, in between each bolt hole?

If so, my '48 Dodge uses the same setup. Those caps won't fit other wheels unless you add the tabs to the newer wheel.

-
Back