Wrong hood scoop make it fit ?

-

1fastgreencar

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Dodge Dart got a good deal on a snorkel hood scoop but I believe it’s for an older model (flat hood ) can I make it work either way such a good deal I can’t pass it up

If it's an original Chrysler factory scoop for the flat 72 Demon hood, I wouldn't cut it up if I were you, they are getting harder to find uncut, I'm sure someone would trade you the right 73 &74 dart sport scoop which is what you need for it. If it's an aftermarket fiberglass scoop I would trim it to fit if I were you.

If it's an original Chrysler factory scoop for the flat 72 Demon hood, I wouldn't cut it up if I were you, they are getting harder to find uncut, I'm sure someone would trade you the right 73 &74 dart sport scoop which is what you need for it. If it's an aftermarket fiberglass scoop I would trim it to fit if I were you.
I wouldn't cut it if is factory. I have 73 lower sections. They are screwed on. Post pictures.

You'll see a couple in the back ground below. I believe there is 4 here three are 73's.

DSCN1577.JPG

No it’s an after market one so I should be able to trim it down?
Yes, you can use a dremel to trim it, I've used play dough and smashed it on the contour of the hood and carefully trace the shape onto the scoop, trim it off with a dremel cutoff wheel, then use a sanding block to take it on down to the final shape.

Yes, you can use a dremel to trim it, I've used play dough and smashed it on the contour of the hood and carefully trace the shape onto the scoop, trim it off with a dremel cutoff wheel, then use a sanding block to take it on down to the final shape.
Awsome thanks you

-
Back