WTB: 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger trim

-

Rob K

Reaction score
I finally got my car in for paint and I'm at the point that I need to figure out if I'm keeping the trim on it or not. So I've been looking around online and haven't found anything yet, and the old trim is far too damaged to salvage. Plus the car will be painted black and the trim is white. Does anyone know where I can get all this trim replaced? I would like to keep the trim on the car if possible.

Can start with the windshield mouldings here on ebay: 253858584927 these are like 250.

Then there are brand new 74 Dart front wheel opening mouldings that should be real close to your 70, ebay: 152974026621, and 152974027407.
These are a good deal at 106.00 for the pair, free ship too. shipped in undamaged . . well packaged.

Just shipped in a pair of these to rework as rear quarter mouldings for a 67 Coronet R/T, that are super expensive and impossible to find. Sometimes you have got to make your own parts, lol . .

Careful, Careful, think I am going to cut that rear quarter radius into a sheet of 3/4 plywood next to help shape and rework the left and right mouldings without kinking them. Can screw them into the edge of the plywood to hold them as I am working them around. Pulling that tight radius around the corner of that gallon paint can, surprisingly that bends pretty easy. Easy to go too far. Like I say: Careful, Careful , , ,

20190626_142949.jpg

20190621_132135.jpg

20190623_113951.jpg

20190627_115908.jpg

So yeah, keep looking online for the parts you need. "Google Searches" with the Key search words of the parts you are looking for, can head you into the right direction to find things.

Thank you for the prompt reply, I think that it would be a lot easier to find these parts if I knew what they were called. I found listings for a lot of the wheel mouldings and quarter extensions, but the door trim itself is looking like a bit of an issue. I'm not even sure what they call that piece.

Door Trim Belt Moulding, the strip that goes down the center of the door.

Can try that . . .

You are saying the trim is White ??? Did someone paint the whole car white without masking off the trim. If so you can take paint stripper to the trim parts and polish them up again. Hopefully they are not totally destroyed so you can do something with them again, might get a few critical trim parts out of the salvage attempt.

it's not all white, but I remember a strip of vinyl or some sort of plastic down the center. I wish I could reuse it, but the drivers door beltline molding is missing and the passenger side appeared to have came out and caught on the fender and broke in half. I will get some pictures of it so I can post them up, I couldn't keep the car at my apartment building so I'm going purely from memory.

-
Back