WTB Drivers Side Tail light corner

-

tnts72

Reaction score
Need a drivers side rear tail light corner for a 72 Duster. Picked up my latest project and dug all the bondo out of the corner - hoping it may not be that bad... Wrong. Corner is pretty well smoked, hope someone out there has one that can help me patch this up. Would a panel from say a 70-71 work if I cut along the edge of the actual tailight opening??

Attachments

• IMG_9143.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9144.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9145.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 107
Hi,

Well, that's a bit of a mess. As you likely know the tail panel and light openings were unique to the 72. The problem is that is the junction of two panels, the quarter panel and tail panel. No one that I know of reproduces that corner and unless there is other major damage you're not likely to replace both of those panels. I suspect it would take some pretty fancy fitting and welding to piece in that corner from a parts car but, that may be your only option. I also suspect that corner is going to be pretty well work hardened from previous metal working so, you might not have much success trying to clean up the existing metal.

I have a 70-71 Duster full rear panel with nice corners cut even past the side lights. PM me if interested

Are the 70 / 71 corners the same if I were to just cut one out along the edge of the tail light opening? Almost thinking I need a 72 specific one to keep some of the top and bottom rail around the tail light to make this one right... sigh

-
Back