-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuda44061967

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I ordered a brand new Tilt Column without key from XV motorsports for use in my 1970 Dodge Dart. Once I purchased this steering column I then sold my 1970 and I held onto this steering column- I never ended up using it in that car the steering column sat in the box. A few weeks after selling the 1970 I then started to build my barracuda project and decided to use this steering column for the build.

As far as use of this steering column all I have ever done with it is bolt it into my barracuda. I never attached the steering column to my steering box nor have I ever even mounted a steering wheel on this thing-Its still in new condition.

I ordered it in bare steel finish and I did paint it semi gloss black you can see it might need a repaint but once installed in a vehicle all you can notice is just one chip in the paint.

This steering column is located in Annapolis MD and my asking price is $400.00 or best offer & buyer pays shippping.

*** If you give me a good offer I will ship FREE. ***

P.M. me and thanks so much

Images below are to show you the fitment in my 1967 Barracuda Fastback

The gold grade 8 bolts I purchased seperately to secure this thing in there I'll throw whatever bolts I have remaining in with the sale of the steering column so you can mock up a set of bolts for yourself

No dash and seat folded all the way forward

26eda3a1.jpg

Engine compartment view of XV Column mounted in a 1967 Cuda with factory brackets

96ddc791.jpg

View of stock steering column bracket engine compartment side

103_0961.jpg

Full view of XV column in 1967 CUDA

597e723b.jpg

Pictured right after I painted the steering column

103_0555.jpg

Picture below is steering column test fit when first purchased and tilt positioned all the way up

089ab55f.jpg

Stock 1967 steering wheel and column

93b597d7.jpg

XV motorsport Column in and mounted with factory 1967 brackets

db30163e.jpg

Tilt positioned in center

16ca16cc.jpg

When I had first purchased the steering column

b4837a6f.jpg

This is what I recieved from XV motorsports, You use your factory brakets to mount this thing in.

IMG_70051_zps7d726862.jpg

IMG_63841_zpsce64c485.jpg

IMG_48501_zps7d203eb4.jpg

column1_zps68cd489c.jpg

column2_zps8b8ca3a6.jpg

column4_zps3da678c8.jpg

column3_zps1b34a4a8.jpg

column5_zps2ed3e60e.jpg

column6_zpsaba17a3c.jpg

column7_zps95c505fe.jpg

column8_zps811e745c.jpg

The one thing I did misplace is the $1.00 or so screw that screws the turn signal level in place. easy replacement from a hardware store its just a screw, from memory is like a one and a half inch in length philips head screw.

If you have any questions or concerns about my column for sale, here is XV motorsports phone number 1- 914-693-1122

You can ask them anything you need to as far as mounting hardware you might need, extra brackets, intermediate shaft to connect to your steering box and feel free to send them some of the pictures of how I had the column installed so you can hear the professionals opinion and if you do need to buy anything extra to fit this in your car.

will this work with my 72 demon? Besides Having to run a separate Key switch. I may be interested. Thanks ,Jared

Yes it will work with your 1972 Demon. You'll need to order an intermediate shaft depending on if you have either power or manual steering. And also its designed for use with popular aftermarket steering wheels, other than that and connecting it to your wiring the tilt column will utilize your factory brackets and bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back