Year 1 Side glass felt seals. whats your thoughts?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Whats the general concesus on these? I bought a set and they are on the way. I also bought the wiper gaskets and the wiper shaft seals.
I suspect these wiper shaft seals will be fun to put in! Im just wondering if anyone has used these products from year one? I tend not to use them because of their prices but they were not too bad on these items.
Im hoping that the window felt clips line up with the original holes. As well as they only listed a DART SEDAN and didnt metion anything about the 2 dr Valiant (same roof and doors). So hopefully they fit! any opinions are welcome. :thumbup:

I purchased the window seals from Year One back in 98 when I was collecting parts for my Barracuda. They have been on the car since mid 2000 and are holding up fine.

Don't recall where I got the wiper seal kit from but it wasn't hard to install but I did have the instrument panel out when I did mine.

Did you buy the 4 or the 8pc whisker set and was it the standard or the deluxe (OEM) kit? Like almost all the reproduction parts available now, there's only a couple of mfgs and then Laysons, Yearone, Paddock, etc all sell them. I bought an 8pc deluxe (OEM) kit from Laysons and compared them to my original ones.... they lined up perfectly. I might only replace the outers (ones with the chrome strip) since my inners are in good shape.

The wiper pivot kit is going to take some patience installing. I removed my wiper pivots already before taking the car into the body shop but did not remove the dash. It's doable but don't expect it to take 2 minutes.

The kit I purchased came with the four rubber seals that are on the outside and the 4 felt anti rattle wipers for the inside of the window. The stuff that was on the car was in bad shape and came out in pieces so I have no real reference. The new ones fit just fine. I do not recall there being a choice other than for coupe/vert and fastback.

Well I got em' today and they will fit great! man its nice to see this poor thing get new parts! Too bad I am goning to wait to put them on, cause' I hope to get some paint on it soon and I may as well keep them off so I dont have to mask them. Then they will look super clean when I put em on afterwards.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the door / glass whiskers? We've got the glass out of the door but can't see how to remove the strip with the whiskers on it.

Not sure if you can see the clips. Its been a while and they bend EZ, but there's little slots (holes) to left up.

DSCF0001.JPG

Hey 4mulaSvaliant, is it possible that when you do the wiper seals you could take pics and a little write-up? please! :). I will be doing this in the summer and it would be nice to see what is involved. thanks.

moparfreak77 said:
Hey 4mulaSvaliant, is it possible that when you do the wiper seals you could take pics and a little write-up? please! :). I will be doing this in the summer and it would be nice to see what is involved. thanks.

I'll be doing the wiper seals on my car in about three weeks..... with the dash installed. I'll take a few pics along the way.

Yes I will do the same. Unfortunately I havent been able to get to that part of my car. I have been fortunate to have gotten my 8 3/4 sure grip, and had been focusing on that. Now I have moved on to dropping in the new trans, headers, exaust, fixing leaks, painting the engine bay, new torsion bars, and then installing the sway bars to wrap up the drivetrain. UGHHHH, a bunch of work ahead but man it will be a far cry from the /6 susp. and 7 1/4" rear. Ill move to the interior as soon as it runs and rives again! lol Just glad to see it getting some where!

I think YO gets those wiper seals from Schumacher (the engine swap people). They`re pretty easy to install, just a couple bolts and they include a zirc fitting so you can grease them.Just drill a hole and thread in. YO does stock two different quality glass seal kits. One is a basic rubber seal and the other is more like the original rubber/felt composite material and about twice the price.

-
Back