Year one wiring harness didn’t fit

-

Dakota Smith

1976 340 Feather Duster
Reaction score
I just got my yearone wiring harness in the mail and it looked like it would all fit, but my car has 3 bulkhead connector slots on the firewall and the harness I ordered only had 2.
1966-74 A B E-Body Engine Forward Light Harness 1974 A Body V8 Built After October 12
That was the latest model yearone sold for a duster (74 and after).
Does anyone know where I can get an engine and forward light harness for a 76 Plymouth Duster?

on my 67-69 harness, 2 connectors for the engine and lights, 1 connector for wiper and possibly transmission switches. does the year one harness come with wiper connector? It may be all your missing

It's a separate harness - the three bulkhead connectors have a bump in the side to make sure you put them in the right place. The "engine" harness only covers what is connected to two of the three bulkhead connectors. My engine harnesses from Year one have been a perfect fit, so if it doesn't fit, you might have the wrong one. Lay the new one out on top of the old one while it is still in place and make sure everything matches before you hook stuff up, so that you can return it if it's not right. These harnesses come from M&H wiring - look them up on the internet and call their great tech line if you still have problems.

The plug for the wiper motor is normally part of the wiper motor unit.

My 75 has 3 connections in the bulkhead. They must have changed it after 74.

It's a separate harness - the three bulkhead connectors have a bump in the side to make sure you put them in the right place. The "engine" harness only covers what is connected to two of the three bulkhead connectors. My engine harnesses from Year one have been a perfect fit, so if it doesn't fit, you might have the wrong one. Lay the new one out on top of the old one while it is still in place and make sure everything matches before you hook stuff up, so that you can return it if it's not right. These harnesses come from M&H wiring - look them up on the internet and call their great tech line if you still have problems.
I called them and they said the one from 74 was the weird one because it came with a seatbelt something... that cut off the power if you weren’t buckled up. I’m gonna get the 73. He recommended that.

FE113A04-5F1B-4B0D-BBA5-3B52191D6F4F.jpeg
The three large connectors on the right. I’m missing one of the three.

This is what my bulkhead looks like! Sorry for the bad pic I'm in the process of cleaning it up! Hope this helps us post 74 guys get no love from the aftermarket!

-
Back