Yet another new guy

-

Macpherson

Reaction score
I just bought a 62 Dodge Lancer 170. It promises to be a fun, yet challenging restoration project. The body is straight and solid except for a wee bit of tinworm on the rocker panels. Floors are solid, thank goodness. The straight six has been rebuilt, so that's one thing I won't need to mess with. The interior, on the other hand, is a mess. The previous owner had started on a restoration and decided since the seats were torn and showed a bit of rust on the springs, to throw them away. Yeah, really! So, I'll be looking for replacement bench seats, front and back. My plans are to bring it back to stock appearance, although I'll probably go with a different color than the original beige. My immediate goals are to finish cleaning it up inside, fix the leaky front tires so it'll sit straight while I work on it (new tires, of course, down the road), fix the electrical system, and look for missing parts. I hope to find information here as I run into things I've never dealt with before while restoring my old 58 Chevy, such as the typewriter transmission buttons.

welcome from Missouri//// I picked up a 62 lancer last fall and have been working/learning about it. lots of stuff that's different from the early A's (63-66) cars. can be a challenge as no one repops any parts for it. and most of them went to the big yard in the sky decades ago! LOL
you will find plenty of people on here that will help if they can.

-
Back