You can call me idiot

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I thought I would tell this story so everyone who looks at it can moan gasp and say "YOU IDIOT!"

I think I was about 20 or 21 when this happened. My brother Danny like me is a real Mopar nut. He found this 70-71 Duster with a slant six with a 3 speed manual on the floor. It was in very good shape and only need some filler to fix a tiny dent. After he painted it it looked great. He was going to sell it to Dad for $600 for me to drive. Me being the genius said I don't want that..."It's only got a six in it!" This would be 1980 81 so there were still tons of Dusters bombing around but still what a stupid kid. I think about that every day hehehe :banghead:

Another thing I remember clear as a bell is the first Duster I ever saw. It would be 1971 witch is kind of a long time before seeing one. Me mom and Dad were in Penticton staying in a motel. Canadian guys may know this place in BC. I was 11 and I went for a walk and saw this..about 18 19 20 year old kid driving this red orange car that had a stripe down the side "340". It went brump brump brump. He was going around and around the circut I guess for the cool cars to go because every 10 minutes or so he came by again..brump brump brump. Really slow and trying to look as cool as possible like kids do. It's fun to remember these cars when they were bran new but sad to because then you know how friggin old you are lol :sad5:

my brother had a 340 Duster, but it was blue, the late '70s, and in Princeton, not Penticton.

Probably not him:D

came back from nam july 68 had 1600.00 saved to buy my first decent car a 65 impale ss 409 factory 4 speed drove it 7 months traded on a new 69 superbee 383 4 speed drove it about a year and a haly 75,000 miles traded for a new 70 1/2 citrus green z/28 do i regret not having them now no i lived the life and run them in the ground now got a 67 pimped out dart and a06 gt mustang ive had 7 years which i plan on keeping

-
Back