Zach Attacks Diabetes

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

As many of you may know, my son, Zachary, was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes on August 14th, 2009 at age 13. Zach has been very successful living with and managing this disease requiring 0 trips back to the hospital for any reason.

This past June Zach again attended the ADA (American Diabetes Association) sponsored Diabetes camp, where he met many new friends, renewed last year’s friendships, and is looking forward to next year’s camp where he hopes to be a camp counselor. Zach is a sophomore attending the International Academy of Macomb within the Chippewa Valley School district. He secured a position on the Dakota High School Men’s Varsity Tennis Team, and he has also completed the first phase of driver’s training.

In 2009 our family formed a team, named "Zach Attacks Diabetes", to join more than 100,000 fellow walkers from across the country in the Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes to raise money for the American Diabetes Association. This year’s 2 mile walk will take place Saturday September 17th, 2011 at the Detroit Zoo.

I am asking for your help. By making an on-line donation, on my son Zachary’s behalf, you will be helping the American Diabetes Association provide community-based education programs, protect the rights of people with diabetes and fund critical research for a cure.

Please visit:

http://stepout.diabetes.org/site/TR?fr_id=6160&pg=pfind

enter Zachary Hall and donate as you wish.

Sincerely,

DartGTDan

-
Back