zee bar neede for template

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Anybody here have an A body V8 clutch pivot bar. Zee bar i may be able to borrow for about a week. I have a slant 6 bar that i need to modify for a V8.

I only need to use it to get dimensions and clocking off of to be able to modify mine.

Yours will not be harmed or modified, and after i get the information i need to modify mine to V8 configuration, i will mail yours back.if you would like yous sandblasted clean before i return it i can do that too. I dont need any of the ball ends or bushings, just the bar itself.

Anybody out there willing to do this, and help me out?

PM me if you can do this.

Thanks
Matt

When I went from a /6 to a v8 I didn't need to modify my z bar at all. I just took the /6 ball stud and bracket and modified it instead. Cut off the ball stud, shorten the base a bit, and relocate it and weld it back on to the bracket. That should make the /6 bar work with the v8 bellhousing. Unless you're having a different problem that definitely requires modifying the bar itself..

I bought a Zee bar rebuild kit. Has both ball studs, bushings clips actuator rod etc. i am sure you have seen the kits.

When you went from a 6 to V8 was there any issue with the Zee bar arm to the clutch fork lining up?

I know the overall tube length of the V8 Zee bar is 1" shorter than the /6 zee bar. The side of the Zee bar on the frame side to the down rod from the clutch pedal is the same from 6 to V8.

I am looking to hands on examine and measure a factory V8 Zee bar and modify mine to be the same.

The /6 uses a 9" clutch and a smaller bellhousing. I would assume this means the arm to the fork would be positioned differently than on a V8 one with a larger clutch and larger bellhousing. This would be to keep actuator rod to the clutch fork in a straight or near straight alignment.

Id prefer to template this out off a genuine V8 Zee bar. This car was a slant car i am putting in a V8 and 4 speed. I have the shell completely dissassrmbled. I really dont want to install the engine, bellhousing, and gearbox just to mock up and modify the Zee bar to V8 specs, only to dissassemble it all back out of the body shell to continue my rebuild.

Matt

Ok, how about this, anybody have a V8 A body zee bar from 1967 up A body they can put a ruler across and take a good pic so i can see where everything is located.

According to brewers performance the /6 bar is 8" long, and the V8 bar is 7" long. So i will have to shorten it 1"

I only need to know where the arm is located on the adjustment rod to clutch fork end. A pic of a v8 bar with a ruler against the tube would help me lots.

Thanks
Matt

Sorry, didn't make it out there tonight but I'll get you some photos with measurements tomorrow afternoon.

Hope these help. If ya need more info PM me.

Attachments

• DSC03087.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03088.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03089.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03090.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC03091.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC03092.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 131
Again just take one inch off of the long side everything else is the same. There is no ridge they are machined through n through.

Again just take one inch off of the long side everything else is the same. There is no ridge they are machined through n through.

Mine has a ridge inside on the engine side. The nylon bushings bottom out on this. Its like the tube was precision reamed on the ends for the bushings but not all the way thru.

-
Back