1/4 glass regulatiors

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
hey guys having a tough time aligning my glass on a 68 dart and was curious do you guys know if there is a right and a left regulator or are they both the same? Wondering if I got them on the wrong side? And advice would be great thanks!

The regulators should be left/right specific. Are there any part #s on them?

id have to double check and make sure when I put them in I didn't notice anything but was really paying to much attention

The windows roll up and down but if I adjust it to seal up at the top when I go to roll down, once it's tapped out the glass still sticks 1/4 up. When a adjust it to how all the way down into the 1/4 then the top is off

There is a down stop screw. The up is set by a large plastic stop screwed to the glass. the down set screw is the one with the straight set screw in side the nut. loosen the nut and turn the screw till you get the down set correct. Tighten the nut.

I believe that there is a right and left side and they are mirror images...

I believe that there is a right and left side and they are mirror images...

Absolutely there is a left and right side specific, and it does sound like they are switched from the description of the problem.
Easy to break the glass if you try to make it go up and down when they are swapped.

If my memory serves... It would be impossible to install these regulators on the wrong side. The stop for downward travel is a eccentric block under the regulators ring gear. I remember this.,,, In a no post coupe they are a pain in the butt to get seal aligned correct to the door glass. Then rebuild the door hinges later will change the door glass position and you start over at the quarter glass alignment. Good luck with yours.

-
Back