11" rear drum brakes.

-

A833

Reaction score
Posted this in general and s/been here. Has any one had any experience with the 11" finned rear brake drums and using 14" stock Mopar rims. I am upgrading from 4"BC axles to 4.5"BC and have some 11"x2.5" backing plates I want to use as the old won't work with the new axles. The drums they came with are not finned and fit the 14" rims fine. I can't find new ones anywhere only the finned and are a larger outside diameter, I think they will just make it. Don't want to order them and be stuck with them if they won't fit. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a picture of the finned drums on my car. The fins start about half way back, so they may clear.

IMG_1960.JPG

Bro, I’m a big confused. Your looking for non finned 11 inch drums?
Because the finned 11 inch drums interferes with the 14 inch rim?

No, he has 14" rims and a set of non-finned 11x2.5's drums that need to be replaced, and he's trying to figure out if a finned set of 11x2.5" drums will still fit his 14" rims.

I'm not sure that the finned 11x2.5" drums will work with ALL 14" rims, but the 14" magnum road wheels from my '71 Satellite fit over them.

I PM’d him since he is local. You have a set of 11 inch finned drums.
(Pretty sure at least. It’s just a bit cold out right now... LMAO!)

First thanks all for the replies. I have a set of 11"x2.5" backing plates and they came with non-finned drums. These clear my 14" stock Mopar rims with no problems. My problem is the non-finned drums are not being made anymore (at least I have been unable to find them) and I want to put a new set of drums on when I use them for a conversion to 4.5"BC axles. Only the finned type drums are available and have a larger outside diameter and was asking if any one has tried 14" rims with the finned 11"drums. 72bluNblu has it right and if you're rally 14" fit I bet mine will also.

First thanks all for the replies. I have a set of 11"x2.5" backing plates and they came with non-finned drums. These clear my 14" stock Mopar rims with no problems. My problem is the non-finned drums are not being made anymore (at least I have been unable to find them) and I want to put a new set of drums on when I use them for a conversion to 4.5"BC axles. Only the finned type drums are available and have a larger outside diameter and was asking if any one has tried 14" rims with the finned 11"drums. 72bluNblu has it right and if you're rally 14" fit I bet mine will also.

I have a shortened 8.75 from a 68 Newport so large bolt pattern with the 11" finned drums and the stock 14" rallye's fit without interference and ran them for years. I had to go to 15" steelies now that I put the 11.75" disks on the front

FYI everybody, Raybestos 11"x2.5" drums 2955R fit stock 14" mopar steelies. Just got them from Rockauto yesterday and they just make it.

-
Back