12.89@105 At Milan Mopar

-

69superbee

Pete E
Reaction score
Finally got the Barracuda to the track again. was a great day went 2 rounds in the trophy class had a fuel problem in the 3rd round and lost.

Not bad for just pulling it off the trailer and setting tire pressure with no burnout through the mufflers.

the car has a 12.60 in it easy. very happy with the combo :)

Lot of nice cars.

was anyone else there?

Pete

I was there racing in the no box class, blue and white Dart. Won my first round, should have won the second, but I backed off the gas to early and got beat by 0.01 seconds. Bought back in and lost in the third. Were you the guy with the white Cuda and the new toy hauling trailer parked next to me?
Ron

Yea, I was there too. Did you see that car hit the wall at top end?
Thankfully the driver was alright.

Yes that was me in the white Cuda. I saw aftermath of the barracuda hitting the wall. I see that car all of the time the owners live close to where I work . they 3 or 4 early a bodies.

A gentleman had a massive heart attack almost in front of Ron and I's Pits and later I heard he passed away.

Very nice meeting you Ron. hope to see ya at the track again soon :)

Pete

please post your setup i have a 67 notch cuda, best ever was 13.008 at 105.9 so i know there is more e.t in it.

"please post your setup i have a 67 notch cuda, best ever was 13.008 at 105.9 so i know there is more e.t in it. "

Not really much there for my setup.

360 0.30 over
9.8.1 pistons. ( can get the P.N. if you need them )
Lunati .480 .480 .280 cam ( also have the part numbers)
M1 Dual plane intake. ( guess it is like an LD 340)
Eddy heads out of the box . bolted them on.
Quick Fuel 750 carb
Timing set @ 10 deg initial (still never touched it is still backed off for the spray.)

727 manual VB with a Mancini 17k converter
8 3/4 with 4.10 gears
Super Stock springs and shocks.
Hoosier Street (slicks?) 10.5x28 set at 14 lbs psi
No burn out launching @ 2200
Pulling the handle @ 6200
running out the back door at about 5600
had a 1.78 60'

Other than tire pressure this is how I drive the car on the street. There is much more in it with some tuning.
I am pretty sure that I can get a 12.60 out of it.

That is my complete combo. hope some of it helps ya out :)

Pete

thank you for the reply we have very similar engine setups!! but i have x heads and an edelbrock performer rpm. i think the reason your pulling more et is becuase of the gearing now, i run 3.55 in a 8 3/4 aposed to your 4.10. how do the 4.10s go on the street??? struggling to get my 60' down also im in the 1.88-1.92 area still pullin 13.10 and under at 105. goes decent for a street car good luck with yours my friend!!!

The 4.10 is cool for local driving but, I wouldnt take it on the E way. I want to get a 3.55 for street use.

For a 55 gear you doing pretty darn good. your MPH might drop a bit with the 4.10 but might help the ET.

My friends said that this motor belongs in a dump truck LOL !

The 4.10 is cool for local driving but, I wouldnt take it on the E way. I want to get a 3.55 for street use.

For a 55 gear you doing pretty darn good. your MPH might drop a bit with the 4.10 but might help the ET.

My friends said that this motor belongs in a dump truck LOL !
lol ya i would like to know is a 3.91 gearset a better street/strip gear compared to the 3.55 or the 4.10.here is a quick rundown of my setup
la 360 30 over
9.8:1 hypereutectic pistons
comp .484 lift cam
eddy performer rpm intake turned into a homemade air gap
stock j head 2.02 1.60 with a good valve job
holley 670 double pumper
has a 6000 rpm pill in it

727 with shift kit cheetah turbo action shifter
8 3/4 wit 3.55s
smallblock rear leafs competition enginerring shocks all the way around
mickey thompson drag radial 255/60/15s
launching at 2200 rpm going through he traps at 5200 rpm
1.90 60 foot trapping 13.008 105.9 mph

as for it belonging in a dump truck, this little motor makes a ton of torque if i mash the peddle at 2500 rpm rolling in 1st gear!!! motor is 4 years old still has 55 pounds of oil pressure runs stronger than ever.lets keep in touch we can give eachother feed back on how our setups are running and whats making them better heres a pic of mine.
you can see how the eddy perf rpm has been modafied to be an air gap in this one
IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

Very cool Cuda there. My friend said that a 55 wouldnt hurt it much. looks like he is right on the money. for what I do with the car that looks like just the ticket. I should be going back to the track in the next few weeks I will update my tuning and results for you.

yep i was out there racing no box, screwed up and went red 3rd round. ran it right on the dial in too :disgust:

moparday10.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7eAEae0kFg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7eAEae0kFg[/ame]

12.91 with about the same set up

Yeah I going to try to get there. If I get my new fuel pump.
I had a fuel pump issue last time out. I have to get one ordered. The stock pump cant keep. If I dont race I will be there goofing off. I will look for ya .

Pete

Does someone know him or how to reach him? I bought the car from dealer in FL and would like to get some informations about the Cuda.
Greez Chris

-- the car has a 12.60 in it easy. very happy with the combo :) --
-- 12.89 at 105 MPH is a sign that with the right set-up, traction etc., there's better E.T.s ahead. -- Good luck. ---------- I didn't realize that this was an Old series of posts. -- Sorry.

-
Back