1961 904 park cable

-

carfan

Reaction score
I'm putting a new hart in the lancer this week and while the cars on the hoist I found where the tranny leak is... the park cable covering is frayed and has been taped over in the past.
(1)Is there any way to repair or cover the cable?
(2) dose any one have a good one they can part with?
(3) Is there a replacement at a fair price?
Thank to every one for all there help in getting this old girl back on the road.
Larry

Tape won't hold up, but you can repair the cable in a good and durable manner; see here. New cables are available (such as from here) but not cheaply. Other than that, it's a matter of posting a Parts Wanted ad and finding a good used item.

the best way to repair them is to get some heat shrink with the goo inside, unhook the cable and slide the heat shrink over and heat till it forms up, should take care of it.

the best way to repair them is to get some heat shrink with the goo inside, unhook the cable and slide the heat shrink over and heat till it forms up, should take care of it.
Thanks for the ideas I don't know if the heat shrink would work in this case as the metal in the casing is sticking out at all angles and would just punch holes in the heat shrink. I may have located one from a 64 and I'll just change it out.

I have a park cable out of my old 1965 904. But it was a factory floor shift so it may be too short if yours isnt on the floor.

I have a park cable out of my old 1965 904. But it was a factory floor shift so it may be too short if yours isnt on the floor.
Thanks but I'm sure that would be to short.

-
Back