1967 Cuda FB project

-
I can see the appeal of the RR bulge hood. It's always cool looking out over something like that...but I think you should keep the stock hood and just make that thing a sleeper. You can go be a menace in the viper. 2cents

Nice looking barracuda though, don't see many rolling around these days...

I think I will just do 2 hoods to swap back and forth. People will think it's a different car. lol
Yes, the Viper is fun but I want to get back to my roots.
Thanks for the input.:cheers:

Pretty decent car, I have seen much worse rust. I would say a 340 is more appropriate for the car BTW, but thats just my opinion. That Viper says Twin turbo, that just sounds terrifying. I like it.

Well, this weekend I am going to try and at least get the 5.7 going back together. I have a small block bell and tranny layin' around I can use to mock up where the eng./trans. combo is going to be and get a good look at anything that will need to be modified.
Wish me luck...................:glasses7:

I just got my 5.7, 5speed on the road, and have to say its a great combo, even with the 3.23s in mine. I had my moments if doubt, but it's worth it! Good luck with the build, looks like a really clean start!

I just got my 5.7, 5speed on the road, and have to say its a great combo, even with the 3.23s in mine. I had my moments if doubt, but it's worth it! Good luck with the build, looks like a really clean start!

I just read your build thread this morning!!!! Nice.
Glad to hear it's worth it! I really like building, fabricating, engineering pieces to make something that's not supposed to work with something else, work with it.
In other words, if somebody says it can't be done, GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blob:

Then, later on, I get the "how the hell did you do that?" LOL :D

I'm the same way, I love the challenge of taking a bunch of junkyard parts and having a quick car afterwards! Plus the factory efi is awesome and makes driving an old car even more enjoyable.

I am currently searching parts and info to do an efi swap on the wife's Road Runner. It'll be junkyard parts mostly. (wire harness, ecm, etc.) Already have a converted holley 4 barrel I made into a throttle body, just need to find the right alum. intake to mod.:burnout:

Damn, I should put the Chally engine in a closet somewhere so I can't see it. Already FI and set up for the Viper tranny and I could drop in and go. (after floor mods):burnout:

I hate the decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:protest:

I have decided!!!!! After reading usaroadrunners thread on fbbo, I am going with the 5.7 Hemi and a t-56 or 6060.
The a body is even lighter than the b body so it should be just what I need!!!!!
Thanks usaroadrunner for the decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

This weekend, the Cuda is going on the spit!!!!! I will finish stripping it down, and on the rotisserie it goes!!! Woo Hoo!!!!:blob:

I need a margarita to calm down lol.:tonqe:

Well, I sped things up a little. Moved it in shop today! I'll take a bunch more pics in current state and while dismantling. Got a few ideas that might be against the grain here but I like doin' my own thing.

Got the front bumper off today and started looking at the front end with and without the bumper. I am really liking the sleek look of no bumper on the front. Maybe doing a molded in raised part right where the bumper is supposed to be, 2-3 inches tall and the wrap around the front part of the fender following the body line. It would be clean looking!
Also, some more pics of the car. Took some shots of the tail lights in the trunk, still have the stud protectors on from the factory! More shots of surface rust and the couple holes in trunk floor.
It's awesome to work on a car that the bolts actually come loose and aren't all rusted in!!!
Really jacked to get started on her. HHHMMMMMM, now she needs a name.......:???:

I have been studying the profile of the cuda and I really think I am going to shave the front bumper off. lol The side shot shows a nice clean profile, I like it a lot. The bumper looks too much like an afterthought.
The space below the bumper I would fill in a little on the sides to hide the core support a little and maybe add some driving lights down there.

View attachment WP_20141105_012.jpg

View attachment WP_20141105_011.jpg

That fback looks sharp in white! Looking fwd to following this thread. With removing the bumper....how bout some kind of concept of "teeth" in there??

That fback looks sharp in white! Looking fwd to following this thread. With removing the bumper....how bout some kind of concept of "teeth" in there??

LOL Something has to go in there.

A question, the car has a 150 mph speedo in it. Did somebody add this? Couldn't have come factory with a /6 would it?:???:

Went out after supper and tackled the pass side door and the rest of the interior. Just have the dash and rear side glass, fr and rear windows, and suspension left. It's a shame the rear window area rusted holes in it. This car would be really clean if that didn't happen. Seats are roached. Door panels are destroyed. Dash is really faded. Mice claimed the headliner and carpet. Never found a build sheet. Would they have put it behind the rear seat backer board? Haven't taken that apart yet.

View attachment WP_20141106_030.jpg

View attachment WP_20141106_029.jpg

View attachment WP_20141106_027.jpg

View attachment WP_20141106_025.jpg

-
Back