1967 Cuda FB project

-
Just ordered the aluminum tubing for the driveshaft. Have to lengthen the Viper DS to fit the Cuda. Already cut the yokes off the short shaft with the lathe. Pics later

100.00 shipped

Not bad. I would've loved to have some aluminum shafts made up. Is there a good source for yokes out there that would fit various older Mopar combos? It's been awhile since I researched custom made aluminum or carbon fiber shaft prices but as I recall they were pretty pricey.

Not bad. I would've loved to have some aluminum shafts made up. Is there a good source for yokes out there that would fit various older Mopar combos? It's been awhile since I researched custom made aluminum or carbon fiber shaft prices but as I recall they were pretty pricey.

That is for an 8' piece. I know carbon shafts are stupid money.:violent1:

I Just read all 20 Pages to date. You are doing an excellent job and have some great ideas.I look forward to reading more. It gets me motivated to do some more work to my cuda.

Finally found where I packed the remote wiper motor assy away at. Started looking at a way to make it work on the Cuda. The shafts for the remote assy were way too short to work. So, I had to figure out a way to make them work. Here is a pic of the two different pieces I had to work with.
View attachment WP_20150313_002.jpg
Taken apart to evaluate the mods needed. In this pic I have already removed the gear from the short shaft assy and fitted it to the stock wiper stud.
View attachment WP_20150313_003.jpg
Then I drilled out the hole in the remote assy base plate, put it together and tigged the gear to the shaft.
View attachment WP_20150313_004.jpg
Here it is all put together. It uses a coiled wire/rope type of "chain" to run the gears for the shafts. This "rope" goes in an aluminum tube that is flared a little on the ends and then clamped between the two halves of the gearbox. Whatever length you need. You can then bend the tubes to position the shafts and the motor wherever you have room for them.
View attachment WP_20150313_005.jpg
I will get some pics of the rest of the setup later.

I never could figure out a Rubik's Cube. You're sort of like Rube Goldberg.

View attachment 1714799990

I still struggle with that whole 'bunny going 'round and 'round' thing when tying my shoes.

There ain't no bunny when I'm tying my shoes................:glasses7:

That's what I really like to do, figure out how to make things work with what I have on hand. Might not be the most beautiful thing on earth, but it functions.:D

I have a question: Now that I have filled the fresh air intake opening, what is a good option for air intake? Or, is it alright to just use the driver side vent area for a recirculating air intake? Draw air from the pass side opening, for the heater/a-c, and take it from the driver side opening? Basically recirculating the interior air.
Or would a fresh air option be really needed? There isn't too many days here that either extreme will be used. Most days one never turns on the a-c or heater. A-C can be used on recirculate no problem, just thinking about heater/ defrost mode.
I don't see why this setup wouldn't work................:coffee2:
The only downside I can see is that the driver would be "hotter/colder" because of the intake for the heater system right in front of legs.

My decisions would be based upon keeping things as functional as possible if there was a chance I would need them. On my drag car I don't have a need for wipers or any creature comforts that might add weight. If there was a chance that I'd be driving a car longer distances I'd want a higher degree of comfort.

Assuming that your car will see a lot of fair weather road time during Summer months I'd probably opt for a fresh air source. I know that there have been times when I've run recirculated air in my vehicles and the humidity was high enough to fog the windows.

The problem lies with trying to fit in every option you could ever conceivably want. You add weight and clutter with each option. One of the reasons I tend to eliminate air conditioning is just that. But on really hot days it'd be nice to have it back.

If the humidity up in Wisconsin never gets too high I would think a recirculating system would be adequate.

The problem lies with trying to fit in every option you could ever conceivably want. You add weight and clutter with each option.

If the humidity up in Wisconsin never gets too high I would think a recirculating system would be adequate.

Wouldn't the recirc system be better for removing humidity with the a-c? Less humidity coming in the car and removing more and more each time it recirculates. In defrost, the a-c is on..... just asking................:D I am no hvac guy, that is for sure.
I know there is a reason all cars have fresh air intakes, just wondering if I can get away with my idea because it wouldn't get used much.

Wouldn't the recirc system be better for removing humidity with the a-c? Less humidity coming in the car and removing more and more each time it recirculates. In defrost, the a-c is on..... just asking................:D I am no hvac guy, that is for sure.
I know there is a reason all cars have fresh air intakes, just wondering if I can get away with my idea because it wouldn't get used much.

From my own personal experiences I've seen the inside humidity rise from breathing inside of an enclosed vehicle under certain conditions. It was more noticeable if there were several people in the car and we had to crack a window open to clear the glass. Maybe I've misinterpreted what I'd seen but I do know that the intake of fresh air often dissipated the moisture that was on the inside.

When I raced the Duster last year my windshield began to fog. I tried to keep my windows open as long as possible before making a run. It got worse with the doors and windows closed with me inside. There is no fan/heater in the car and it was hot and humid that day.

Cut and fitted a filler piece for the firewall where the heater box went. Finished up the grinding on the filler piece for the cowl. I just have a little bit of grinding and dollying to finish firewall. Then I suppose I'll have to smooth the area where the battery used to go...........:protest:
View attachment WP_20150315_003.jpg

View attachment WP_20150315_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20150315_005.jpg

View attachment WP_20150315_006.jpg
I think I might make a small box in the area of the pass hinge area to draw fresh air into the hvac system. Need to look at that area a little closer.:glasses7:

I have a question: Now that I have filled the fresh air intake opening, what is a good option for air intake? Or, is it alright to just use the driver side vent area for a recirculating air intake? Draw air from the pass side opening, for the heater/a-c, and take it from the driver side opening? Basically recirculating the interior air.
Or would a fresh air option be really needed? There isn't too many days here that either extreme will be used. Most days one never turns on the a-c or heater. A-C can be used on recirculate no problem, just thinking about heater/ defrost mode.
I don't see why this setup wouldn't work................:coffee2:
The only downside I can see is that the driver would be "hotter/colder" because of the intake for the heater system right in front of legs.

I closed all mine up tight. The VINTAGE AIR system requires NO outside air to circulate well.

I closed all mine up tight. The VINTAGE AIR system requires NO outside air to circulate well.

So does the Vintage Air system have a 'vent' mode? I've never read any instructions or tech data on them.

Ordered a K&N cone type filter today. Going to make a fresh air intake in the pass wheel well through the inner fender. Have to wait for the filter to show up to get correct location. Off to more welding and finishing up other welded areas. Next mod is to get decklid on car and build a small spoiler.
Or should I just put a giant wing on it? Like the superbird?:glasses7: lol

So does the Vintage Air system have a 'vent' mode? I've never read any instructions or tech data on them.

They do offer that type if you desire one.
The few I have used didn't require a vent nor did they need one. If you want fresh air, crack the window a bit and drive faster.... :burnout: L.O.L!!!
Actually, I am considering on making one at the old locations and fabing louvered doors that I can open or close as desires. The wheel well is a great location since your cowl vent has been deleted. I almost deleted mine but decided that I like the look of them and I don't ever plan on parking the cat outside for a long winters nap nor under a tree, so I don't need to worry much about debris jamming up the drains and rotting them out as they were when I began the rebuild.

-
Back