1968 Barracuda S Model

-

Jim68Barracuda

Jim68Barracuda
Reaction score
Hey folks!
We are rebuilding this car in memory of our son, Mike, who was KIA in Afghanistan. We started this some months ago, with lots of help from the local business community. I hope to have pictures up, if I can figure out how to post them!!
From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Hey folks!
We are rebuilding this car in memory of our son, Mike, who was KIA in Afghanistan. We started this some months ago, with lots of help from the local business community. I hope to have pictures up, if I can figure out how to post them!!
From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

I am glad you found a way to honour your son's memory. Canadians are sometimes forgotten in this effort.

Here's one,,,,I hope

DSC00806-1.jpg

.........Sorry to hear about your son.............nice cuda......if u need anything lmk....................kim........................kindersley, sask...........

Now the good part. The engine as it was. When the boys tore her apart, the main bearings had seized onto the crank an broken away. Then they found mistmatched pistons and rods. Its a wonder it ran at all. It purred like a kitten......oh its a 360 from a Dodge truck.
This car will be at the World of Wheels in Winnipeg at end March, unfinished. The management of World of Wheels wants it there that much! I am honoured to be a part of this!!

DSC00830-1.jpg

Good luck on the build. I know exactly what you are going through with the rebuild, but couldn't imagine losing a child. My car was a 318 car like yours that I am turning into an "S" clone. If you need any shots of anything, take a look at my site, or give me a shout. I'll run out and take a picture!

Very nice car you have there...I am sorry to hear about your son, I was also in the Army for 4 years, deployed twice, and just got out 6 months ago...I lost 2 very good friends in Iraq...

Great looking car Jim!! I really like the color. Sorry to hear about your son, this is a great way to honor him. He would without doubt be very proud.

My sincerest condolences for your loss. Your car is awesome!! I can't wait to see it at W of W. Good luck on the build!!! Lots of great people on this sight to help out.

Very sorry for your loss Jim.

I am so proud of the sons and daughters and dads and moms that
serve.

That will be a very special 'Cuda.

Take care,
Tony

Heard about this from a couple of web members whom attended the MMA meeting.

Condolensces on your family's loss, and the sacrifice your son Mike made for me and mine.

Glad you joined up, and looking forward to seeing this car at WoW.

Grant

Nice car Jim, my condolensces for your loss and my thanks, we live in this beautiful country we do because of people like your son.
Can I ask what the fiberglassing is for?? I am assuming because you put a new floor in that you were looking for an even better seal after the welding??

God bless
4spdragtop

Three reasons, and you got the first! It seals the welds and stops rust dead in its tracks.
Second, it adds strength to the car, as we are putting a 360 ci engine in her, bored out.
Thirdly, it seems to stop the floor pans from reverberating, thereby reducing noise. The weight added to the car is negligible.

-
Back