1968 Barracuda S Model

-
They all make sense, I am now contemplating doing the same thing, I just had a new floor pan put in, but it was a complete 1 pc. So I dont think there will be much added strength. Except for where the 4 spd hump is and it being a convertible, so maybe I should do it anyway??? IMO I could probably do that later on anyway...just pull the carpet and interior out.....

They all make sense, I am now contemplating doing the same thing, I just had a new floor pan put in, but it was a complete 1 pc. So I dont think there will be much added strength. Except for where the 4 spd hump is and it being a convertible, so maybe I should do it anyway??? IMO I could probably do that later on anyway...just pull the carpet and interior out.....

Do it. The floor pans are one piece pans.

The engine. Not complete, but close now. The engine was badly abused. The main bearings were shot and the pistons and connecting rods were mismatches. It is a wonder it ran.

DSC01177-1.jpg

Do it. The floor pans are one piece pans.

Hi Jim, it looks like your floor pans are in 2 pieces?? Looks like the orig. tunnel was left in it? My floor pan is complete 1 pc in total. With the orig 4 spd hump welded in afterwards. Do you think fiberglassing mine would help strength wise??

thanks
4spd

Hi Jim, it looks like your floor pans are in 2 pieces?? Looks like the orig. tunnel was left in it? My floor pan is complete 1 pc in total. With the orig 4 spd hump welded in afterwards. Do you think fiberglassing mine would help strength wise??

thanks
4spd
These are one piece pans and the tunnel is in great shape. We cut the old ones out and welded the one piece ones in.

I'm no expert on this, but I think fibreglassing would help your car too, any other opinions are welcome!!

Were you hiding these in Charleswood?:-D

I bought the Charger in 78 and traded it in for the Mirada in 80. I'm still sorry I traded the Mirada off. That car would have been an awesome sleeper car. It had a 318 in it. All we had to do was get the engine done up and she would have rocked.

OK we moved the "ZombieSlayer" to Winnipeg today to prepare her for the World of Wheels. The move went very well. Thanks go out to all the guys in Shilo and Jack, the owner of the 28' trailer that made this possible.
You may notice some interior shots of what she looks like after a sanding and a coat of grey primer. Looks very nice, but its too bad most people will never see it.
That's me on the right in the last picture. Handsome devil aren't I?

DSC01328-1.jpg

DSC01341-1.jpg

DSC01343-1.jpg

DSC01346-1.jpg

DSC01359-1.jpg

DSC01379-1.jpg

DSC01380-1.jpg

I'm enjoying this thread, love to see build pics....what colour is that, green or turquoise I cant quite tell, looks nice and different though are you keeping the same colour?

cheers

This car is an emerald green and it will be painted in the same colour! the next step is to hang the doors and send her in for some body work by a great local body shop and fabricator!

I'm sure the boys at Sandale's will do a great job. Are you sticking with the same color Jim? KK1 turquoise?8)

-
Back