1968 Hemi Dart

-
Very very well done, if you sell let I am sure somone here me want that car. great work, what a PRO:)

The headers were custom made to the car locally. The K Frame was made by a friend of mine. He takes a standard K Frame and correctly positions the hemi mounts.[/QUOTE
what is the name and location of the header place? thanks.

Very nice! Who did the exhaust system? Is it a kit? Hurst Hemi Dart, but no Hurst shifter?!?! LOL If you put that in there, you gotta have frame connectors!! Take no offense, just saying. :) Awesome job though!!

Very Nice! Where did you get those headers?

Answers to a couple of the questions and again thanks to all the guys for the kind words about the car.

1. The headers were custom made for the car here in Mn. by a gentleman named Skip Lisell. Skip and his friend Dale have been making headers for many years and are local legends. The headers unfortunately are not available as a kit. PM me for Skip's contact info.

2. I am well aware that these cars used a Hurst dual gate shifter. The trouble is that the vintage models of that shifter are well known to shift poorly-I have no interest in missing a shift at high rpm's- and it's almost impossible to route the shifter cable and get enough clearance around the headers so as to not start a fire.

3. The car color is QQ1 which is the '68 version of B5 blue. The differences are in the two blues are very subtle so yes we'll call it B5.

You do beautiful work! I can imagine the ground shaking when you fire her up. 75Sport

-
Back