1969 Slickback

-
Like your approach to clipping the front. I usually have to put down the tools and clear my head before I come up with something like that.

Well the T-bar cross member is no good. The design allowing space around the upper area of the trans tunnel was a sure setup for failure. Gravel and dirt get down inside and eventually eat them from the inside out. That's OK. My original plan was just rails so this will be just fine. The cross member in the car is fine. I think it will actually be a smidge less work this way anyhow.

IMG_5691[1].JPG
IMG_5692[1].JPG

Thanx guys. It is all about getting it solid right away. Some people would have parted it out when they saw the rails, but I simply converted that into a challenge!
OK, I forgot to take pics before primer, but it's blasted and self etched. I have 2 small repairs to tackle. Other than that it's beauty.

IMG_5696[1].JPG
IMG_5698[1].JPG
IMG_5699[1].JPG

Have I mentioned reaching the point of no return before?! This is definitely one of those times. :)

IMG_5702[1].JPG
IMG_5703[1].JPG
IMG_5704[1].JPG

Well that's it for today. It is basically ready for a test fit barring a few small repairs. This really wasn't nearly as bad of a job as most would think. After I cut the front section off, it only took a couple hours to remove the stubs and clean up the edges.

IMG_5706.JPG
IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5708.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG

It is coming together nicely. Had a little Déjà vu when I first saw you doing this.

BB5EED23-8367-4A66-94AB-2A8E0FAF9572.jpeg

I considered doing this to mine, but the driver side was way too bad. Overall it was less work to do what I'm doing. Is that your car? That's a good idea using the k-member to set it up on. I presume they positioned everything and then simply positioned and welded.

I considered doing this to mine, but the driver side was way too bad. Overall it was less work to do what I'm doing. Is that your car? That's a good idea using the k-member to set it up on. I presume they positioned everything and then simply positioned and welded.
Yes that is mine. We did it that way because the front clip I picked up was cut before the torsion bar cross member. I happened to be wandering through a yard one day and ran across just the front clip, dash forward laying there. Apparently someone had wanted the floors so that was how it was cut. We measured, clipped it back and welded sleeves inside the existing frame rail. Then slid the new ones on, bolted to the k frame and did some cross measuring to be sure everything was as it was before cutting it up.

Thank you. I started welding but had to take off for a bit. I installed it and I measured and measured again. It should be perfect. It really is an easy swap. Pretty hard to mess this one up for anyone. The parts basically only fit in one position.

Well, well, well..............guess what has the same body line as a '67-69 Barracuda wheel arch. And I happen to have some I can cut up! The opening is longer overall, but the shape is the same. Or at least close. I will let you know................

IMG_5711[1].JPG
IMG_5712[1].JPG
IMG_5713[1].JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

CA7D9ADF-F15D-42B8-8D8F-A0884CE3883C.jpeg
Well if you decide that will not work out I have this laying around that I didn’t use since the parts car I picked up had both aftermarket quarters. If you look at the pic you can see where the well was radiused out in the lower front and back for the slicks.

Oh man I wish we lived in the same neighborhood! I would be on my way already! But alas, shipping this stuff across countries and over borders has gotten completely ridiculous in the last couple years. Kinda knocks the crap out of buying used parts anymore. However, thank you very much for the offer. It certainly would be put to good use.

I was putting this task off due to the labor intensive nature of it. But alas, it must be done so I got at it. The windshield channel was shot as is common, so I replaced it with a section I saved from a Demon a while back.

IMG_5745[1].JPG
IMG_5746[1].JPG
IMG_5747[1].JPG

Thank you all. Nobody out there is slacking. I just happen to have the time off right now to whip some of this stuff off. I am on a bit of a pause now until I decide what I'm going to do with the quarter. I will see if I can clean up the previous attempt at the floor pans. If I can save them I will.

I decided to work on the passenger floor today. The front needed some serious weld clean up and repair and the rear needed a panel patched in.

IMG_5765[1].JPG
IMG_5766[1].JPG

-
Back