1969 Swinger 340 Registry...

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Is there one? If not, I am considering starting one. Seems I can find registrys for the 70 swinger 340's, GTS's, but none for '69 Swinger 340s. I am really curious on how many of these are still out there and their stats.

Please let me know if anyone else is interested either by posting here or emailing me at [email protected]

I have LM23P9B129XXX here in IL.

Thanks. Len "GSS340"

I'd like to see more information on these as well. Love them. Had LM23P9B259969 for 19 yrs. then sold it. Yes, still kicking myself. What was I thinking?

Seems like everyone has either had one or know someone that has and they are well liked. I would really like to track down these cars and find out whats left of the 20,000ish built. It is pretty common knowledge that they were low budget muscle and generally low in options but it would be interesting to see the odd options and subtle differences in them. For instance, hood pins...I know of three now that had them from the factory but how common really are they. Non standard colors sneaking out etc...

Well, what the hell. I'll go ahead and try to start something here. I guess if someone else is doing the same thing I'll probably find out and maybe we can consolidate.

If you have a 1969 Swinger 340 and want to add your info to the list go ahead and email me at [email protected] and I will add it to the list.

Here is the basic info I am looking for right now:

VIN:
TRANS:
EXT COLOR:
VINYL TOP:
INT COLOR:
STRIPE COLOR OR DELETE:
OPTIONS:
OWNER INFO (BASIC INFO, CONTACT #)
NOTES: (RESTORED, BEING RESTORED, CRUSHED, PARTED, ETC. FACTORY ENGINE COLOR, WHATEVER ELSE MIGHT BE HELPFUL)

If any other suggestions please email those also. Thanks.

Lets see if we can get this ball rolling. Len Andrescavage 'GSS340"

Have nine already. Seven of those are ones I had pulled and saved the info from off of ebay.

Hello, Sounds like a really great idea!!! Please add my car to the list. I have been buying dealer info. such as dealer albums, 69 pocket specs booklet, 69 Dodge pices and options pocket booklet, 69 Swinger Press Release packet, any thing with information such as stats, etc. this might be helpful for the Registry. Also I have the paperwork from Govier, and it lists how many or each car was ordered with each such option ie. like hood pins. His factory info lists 333 cars delivered from all factories with J45 Hood Pins. You ask me any option and I will report what is listed on his paperwork. This paperwork from him is called the "1969 dodge Dart Swinger Options & Accessories Report" Very good information. This info. was another item that I ordered from him (It all took 10 Months to get). The standard paperwork from him lists where you car fits in his line of Swinger 340's. Mine is the highest Vin# he has seen as of the date that I sent him my info. and my car was built on the last day of production at the Hamtramck plant. Build date of July 18th. Of His list 4 are known with F6 Bright Green Met, and with my options it came back as a 1 of 1 in his database. Also Galen has 120 340 Swingers listed in the Chrysler Registry as of Jan 2005, mine being the last know built 340 Swinger.

I send you an e-mail with more detailed info. Thanks, and let me know if I can help in any way. Mark A. Coudriet

Hello, Just a Note, Frank Remlinger runs a GTS Registy, and on his site is information for a man by the name of Patrick Dean. Mr Dean is to be compounding a 340 Swinger regisrty. This information can be viewed at the GTS regisrty website. Note, I was not able to get in touch with this Mr. Dean, but Mr. Remlinger forwarded my info on my car to Mr. Dean. This was months ago, and I did not hear from Mr. Dean. I dont know the status of this, but what little info. on this registry is listed at the GTS Registry for the Swingers can be viewed here: listed under link for 69 Registry, at bottom of page.

www.geocities.com/gtsreg

Also the paperwork I have lists, 8,834 4-Speed 340 Swingers for 1969, and 7,802 Automatics for U.S.A. Specs. This does not include Export or Canada.

You GO boy. Nine already. Your avatar looks like my old car. R4, R4, V8X, Cragars. They weren't highly optioned, mine didn't even have an R11. Keep it up.

I don't have the particulars, but maybe somebody here owns a car that a friend of mine used to own. It's a 69 Swinger 340, B5 with a white vinyl top. The car had factory air and if I remember correctly blue interior. He added rallye wheels many years ago. I don't remember if it had discs or not. I will not use my old friend's name, but he purchased it in Fresno, CA in the summer of 1981 and sold it in Tehachipi, CA in the late 80s or early 90s. This was the first car my future wife went with me to test drive..............................................

Well I guess it's official...I am starting my own registry. I did see the swinger 340's on the GTS site and was told that it was kind of a side thing so maybe I can get back in contact with the site owner and use his info for mine. I am not sure if Mr. Govier would share info but who knows... I love a good hunt.

I have the original motor for LM23P9B196592 for sale on ebay if someone out there is looking for it. Bought it from a guy in Indiana a while back.The car has probably gone to mopar heaven by now but who knows.. Never hurt to ask :blackeye:

I also own a 340 4 speed Swinger sunfire yellow black vinol top black interior black stripe..the rest of its secrets where eaten by field mice long ago lol.

If anyone has one and wants to contribute to this new registry PLEASE email me the above posted info (as much as possible) and I will add your car to the list. I will also make note of your engine vin for future reference. THanks. Len

I have two of them and I will e mail you the information on them.Altough one is going to be for sale before too long and I will not be the owner anymore.

Bobby

Thanks, that will be great. Even if sold, at least we'll know whats out there at least for a while. Keep em rolling guys. Thanks. Len

LM23P9B said:
I'd like to see more information on these as well. Love them. Had LM23P9B259969 for 19 yrs. then sold it. Yes, still kicking myself. What was I thinking?
Wow, reading your post made me go look at my data plate... my swinger is 259829 140 cars before yours

I'd be interested in the registry for 69 swinger 340's

Thanks for all the input so far. There are 46 Swinger 340's registered so far. Not bad for just starting. Keep the info rolling in. It will be kind of neat also to bounce the numbers with the GTS's to see where they fall into mix of serials.

The majority of reported cars so far recorded have come from the Hamtramck plant (93%) and the remaining built at the Los Angeles Plant (6%). I have been told that the Los Angeles plant was very small compared to Hamtramck and that this is the reason for smaller output. It will be interesting to see once more info on these cars rolls in if there is any major differences in build between the two plants.

On an interesting note also, I have been told that 300 or so Swinger 340's were built with the J45 Hood pin option and guess what? Two have been registered. One built in Los Angeles and the other at Hamtramck.

I am hoping to find out some more info on the cars from Patrick Deans old registry as right now I don't have a breakdown of their options or full vins...If anyone has more info on these cars please forward me that info, it should fill in some holes.

Here are the colors so far registered, and again once more info on Mr. Deans cars comes in this may change.

V2 - Hemi Orange, Y4 - Gold Metallic, Y3 - Cream, Y2 - Yellow, F6 - Bright Green Metallic, F8 - Dark Green met., F5 - Med. Green Met., F3- Light Green Poly, B5 - Bright Blue, B3 - Light Blue Met, R4 - Bright Red and X9- Black

As far as transmissions, there seems to be a balance between manuals and autos so far.

Thanks again for everyones help in getting the registry started. Hopefully I can have a website up soon dedicated strickly for the '69 Swingers. Also, thank you to the mods for pinning this thread. Len A.

P.S. Does anyone know of or ever heard of pilot cars for the Swinger 340's or dealer demos?

LM23P9B10004X LM23P9B1038XX LM23P9B1053XX LM23P9B11483X
LM23P9B12257X LM23P9B12906X LM23P9B1385XX LM23P9B1548XX
LM23P9B1712XX LM23P9B1915XX LM23P9B2014XX LM23P9B2249XX
LM23P9B22771X LM23P9B2315XX LM23P9B23993X LM23P9B2412XX
LM23P9B2435XX LM23P9B25982X LM23P9B25996X LM23P9B2796XX
LM23P9B2910XX LM23P9B30602X LM23P9B31506X LM23P9B3204XX
LM23P9B3207XX LM23P9B3234XX LM23P9B3253XX LM23P9B3272XX
LM23P9B32787X LM23P9B33772X LM23P9B3493XX LM23P9B35525X
LM23P9B35550X LM23P9B3556XX LM23P9B36990X LM23P9B3755XX
LM23P9B3786XX LM23P9B3872XX LM23P9B4074XX LM23P9B42776X
LM23P9B42866X LM23P9B43817X LM23P9B45063X LM23P9E11293X
LM23P9E14758X LM23P9E16567X

I need some help finding the vin on my 69 dart to see what it is, core support, dash plate and doors wre missing, have a partial number on the trunk rail and next to master cylinder but they don't make sense, maybe you guys can help and i can add my name into the hat.
thanks

kelly
[email protected]

I have added a ton of new information to the registry so be sure to stop by and check it out. www.swinger340.com

Kelly, without a vin tag, fender tag or an old title to go off of it will be almost impossible to verify for certain legally what model you have. As far as I know the vin stampings on the bodies are only partial and won't have the 1st five digits needed to tell you what you need to know. Good luck, maybe you can track down past owners and find out what happened to the dash vin...it sounds like someone may have used them on another car though. Len

LM23P9B said:
Cool! Your car must have been made Jan. 9th also. What color, trans, options? Radio? Mine didn't have one. Ray

Yep built 109
F8 green, 340 4 speed loaded with options. A01, A46, so the light group, swinger chrome group - (wheel well, drip trough), A/C, disc brakes(manual), PS, LH mirror, rear speakers and rear defrost(with some factory custom aluminum boxes to house both) D2T deluxe tan interior.

I'v known this car since about 1978-9 and bought it in 1986. Didn't like the color combo at first, but it has grown on me over the years.

If all you have is the VIN (and the car of course), how can you tell if it is a GTS? I don't have a fender tag or build sheet, and the car has been painted at least 3 times.
Daryl

There was a guy on Moparts selling what was left of a '69 Swinger 340. I'm not sure if I have the VIN. I'll try to forward his info to you when I find it.

-
Back