-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyAB95

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I'll be needing a firewall from a car with A/C for my restoration - let me know if any of you fine folks on the forum have one for sale. Thanks.

I have one from a 70 Dart if you can use that. The pieces outside the engine compartment are gone. I used them on my 69 Dart.

Just FYI... A modern aftermarket a/c system added to your factory no a/c build will put you waaaaaay ahead in the grand scheme of things. The OEM a/c units have problems scattered throughout. More so in pre 73.

Just FYI... A modern aftermarket a/c system added to your factory no a/c build will put you waaaaaay ahead in the grand scheme of things. The OEM a/c units have problems scattered throughout. More so in pre 73.
Will the aftermarket units use the factory A/C firewall or are they be designed for the non-A/C firewall w/ modifications?

You would need to direct that question to the aftermarket vendor/mfgr.
Here's the thing... Those who have factory a/c cars typically maintain what they have ( just live with it ). Therefore the majority of add on systems are designed fit into the non a/c builds. And there are plenty of differences in the 2 factory setups to cause conflicts.
One more point to make here, If you just must have the OEM heat a/c, or maybe you already purchased those used parts, you still don't need a firewall. All you need is a template, pattern, guide to cut away some sheet metal at the fan hole and add a few screw holes to turn your stock firewall into a a/c firewall.
There are stamping/shape differences in the 2 different 73 up firewalls but not the pre 73.
At one time there was a section of a/c firewall being shipped from one member to another to use as a changing pattern. I haven't seen mention of it in a long while. I can only speculate that todays all new R-134A systems alleviated the need for it.

Alright, I think my firewall is probably in good enough shape that I could make the necessary modifications. The A/C firewall is just the same thing as the non-A/C firewall, but with some extra holes, correct? That's what I gather from this.

Alright, I think my firewall is probably in good enough shape that I could make the necessary modifications. The A/C firewall is just the same thing as the non-A/C firewall, but with some extra holes, correct? That's what I gather from this.
Yes sir. There is one hole location that is dimpled outward about 3/4 inch. I might can get a pic tomorrow of a standard firewall with the a/c mods drawn on it with a sharpie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back