1972 Demon Build

-
I am thinking I would rather find a new hood to start. Would be real nice if there were some out there in fiberglass. The search continues...spent some time at the machine shop today. Creeping along, collecting parts, planning.

Standstill on this one. Motor is now about together just making a decision on heads and cam. Picked up some interior pieces here and there. Waiting to hear back on bodywork progress and mini tub. Moved my 72 Swinger close so I could burn through the work quicker to move ahead on this one.

On the back burner for a bit. Gary is out of commission for a bit so I am going to wait until he is ready to resume pan and tub work...

This was Challenger Gary's car. Right now it is a 72 Demon in primer. Car is still with Gary and he will start back to working on it after his surgery. Then we will do pics! Here it is as of the day I bought it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 822
Well I do have a bit going on, but I grew up in house where my dad said money doesn't make itself. I have a very supportive wife who lets me do this. I am learning, but also generating a bit of cash to keep going. I am not making any money, haven't really sold anything where I made more than a few hundred. I get to learn, think, plan for things that have nothing to do with my everyday job. I have a friend who makes a living building cars and motors and am blessed that he lets me use his tools and he is teaching me. The Dart is close to done.....how about a Patriot Blue Demon?

Talked to Gary and going to work towards the metal work that is left to do on the car. Floors and trunk with AMD panels. U.S. Car tools mini tub. Going to the machine shop first week of September to assemble. How's that for a machine shop?

Found a place just for Dukes fans when I drove to get the suspension for this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 686
U.S. Body fiberglass SRT hood.....thoughts?

I spoke with a few members years ago that had been waiting for several months and never got this hood. Hopefully things have gotten better since then. I went with VFN but had to do some major work to get it to this point.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 561
That is good to know. Their ad and website make it sound like you dust it off and you are ready to shoot paint. For close to $600 after shipping I would expect more..

-
Back