1972 Demon Build

-
Lol...something tells me my engineering ain't that good. Found a mobile media blaster in the area. Once I get the car fully naked and there is room in the paint booth it's on!

The Duster with the buckets is a 340 4spd car. Back window was knocked out and the car is hard to assess as it sits. I am taking time tomorrow to trailer all three to the shop. No title. Doing bill of sale on all three with the owner. I am not a parts guy. I bought these cars as a lot in order to have the required parts on hand at my buddies shop to take on a build for a customer. Well the customer backed out and I own three parts cars. Not what I want to deal with, but all are complete. I have not put the 340 car out there at all. PM me if you have questions. I was just seeing what folks thought for buckets I have on hand.

well, if you decide to become a parts guy, I need all the guts for a 70-72 duster drivers side door. no glass, but all the rest. ive got some broken/fixed/mangled crap in mine, and its time to fix it right.

No. Haven't gotten it yet. Got set back when the 408 died on the run stand. Sucked in a valve the broke near the retainer. Destroyed the block. Just found a fresh replacement block so I have been dealing with that. Stripped car bare except rear then back on track with bodywork and paint.

Okey dokey....new block at machine shop for 408. Whether it ends up in this car is yet to be determined. Metal work will start on this in short order then paint. Pulling dash and rear to begin detail work. Has anyone made a homegrown dash resto stand?

Been getting my new truck all buttoned up lately. New sending unit, fuel tank repair. All lights working. Fixed driver's door latch assembly and hinges. Tune up and fluid change. Replaced front brake hardware. In search of a new carb and I should be good to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 498
Need to find lenses and gaskets for these....before restoration. Stripes and front valance should be on the way soon from Triggerman. Once I get the stripes, I will color match the red. Dash resto and grill resto next.

Attachments

• P2190050.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 480
  • P2190051.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 445
Ooooooh Fort Jackson. Not far from here. I went to Basic there in 1990! I was originally from PA....that was a whole new level of heat I didn't understand...lol. Best of luck to him, I have been at it since then, tell him he is lucky....boots don't require polish anymore!

Luckily, we live in South Florida so any heat there will not be a problem for him although he probably picked the best time of year to go there. My sister lived in Columbia while at USC and agreed it get wicked hot and humid as all there in the summer.

I have a buddy that was at FT. Jackson for a while, and he has a saying. "Columbia and Ft. Jackson are where people in hell go to warm up if they get cold!" LOL

Okey dokey....new block at machine shop for 408. Whether it ends up in this car is yet to be determined. Metal work will start on this in short order then paint. Pulling dash and rear to begin detail work. Has anyone made a homegrown dash resto stand?
View attachment image-2184095851.jpg Sorry to be late to the party, but when I did my dash, I set it on my bench that has a carpeted top. When it was time to install the cluster, controls and such I just sat it up on the two end bolt tabs. It naturally wants to fall forward, so I just used a piece of wire to hold it from falling forward. It worked well. You can see the black wire in the picture tied from the center of the top of the dash frame back to the shelf.

Got to the shop today. Had to beat on something. Last few weeks have literally sucked. My wife and I lost our baby so I needed to get medieval on something. I tore down this 72 440. Was locked up and I had it soaking since I picked it up. Everything came out with enough of my *** behind it. Cylinders should clean up as it was stock and untouched. All motors quit running for a reason, this one spun a bearing. Will need a line bore. Off to the machine shop to see if it can be salvaged.

Attachments

• P2260068.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 340
So sorry to hear this about the baby. My wife and I have been there too. God Bless your whole family.....

Thanks DD. It just stings like a kick in the taint. I work in the medical field so I know why it happens. Just caught us off guard as my wife had no symptoms at all.

-
Back