1972 Duster Build

-
I enjoy reading your thread. and as the "A team" would say , " doesn't it feel great when a plan comes together!!" great progress and attention to detail.

I think that us guys ( and girls) that have to do the resto " OURSELVES", we have this genetic thing that requires us to do things on our on, so we can see our results!????

I enjoy reading your thread. and as the "A team" would say , " doesn't it feel great when a plan comes together!!" great progress and attention to detail.

I think that us guys ( and girls) that have to do the resto " OURSELVES", we have this genetic thing that requires us to do things on our on, so we can see our results!????

Thank you. There is something to that feeling you get when you can sit back and look at it and be able to say "I did that". I give a lot of credit to my friends, most are MOPAR Maniacs, and all of them treat you like family. I can't ever say how much appreciation I have for all of the help, advise, and gifted parts that have come my way for this car. The FABO family has been very welcoming and helpful to a newbie like me.

Spent the day at a friends place down in Roseville today. Helped him hang a fender on his 72 Challenger, moved a few vehicles around, and pulled my new motor out of his Dart! An 1987 318 stock bore, roller cam motor. With 1977 360 heads, roller rockers, custom Grind Rv cam, black wrinkle finish valve covers and breather, Headman Headers, electronic distributor, OEM intake and 650 Edlebroke Carb, including the Flowmaster exhaust!!

I'm pumped! Got an Edlebrock performer intake ready to drop on it just as soon as I clean it up and get a fresh coat of paint on it. Them headers are gonna be a bear, they fit like a glove in the Dart.... A very tight, OJ Simpson kinda glove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 494
Stop by the shop and got the engine on the stand tonight. Grabbed the headers to take to the sand blaster tomorrow, now to order the carb rebuild/float kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 467
Just wanted to say thanks again for the inspiration and source for the paint. Got my shock mounts and engine bay started this past weekend and it's starting to look pretty good. The paint was a really good match especially when it's clear coated.

mNcXEfF.jpg

wwcvCYO.jpg

Here's to the guys who make it happen in the driveway....

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 441
Just wanted to say thanks again for the inspiration and source for the paint. Got my shock mounts and engine bay started this past weekend and it's starting to look pretty good. The paint was a really good match especially when it's clear coated.

Glad it worked out for you! You're making progress!

Hit a couple yards this morning and got the trunk hinge inserts to bolt my deck kid on out of a 64 Dart and got a good mini starter out of a 96 pickup. Hopefully that will give me a bit more room for the headers.

DA'd the roof where the vinyl top was and got rid of the left over glue and surface rust. And finally got her back to "Roller" status!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 420
Got a little shop time today cleaning up the 318 and spraying a couple of coats of fresh paint on her. Can't wait to put on the new intake, rebuild the carb and start detailing the brackets and pulleys. Got some grouting to do on some replacement tiles on my kitchen counter first...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 397
Got some car time today. Started wire wheeling the underside of the hood to get rid of the flaking paint and surface rust. Unfortunately when cleaning up the front lip on the hood I hit some bondo. So I hit the nose to see how far it went and it looks like it wraps up and over the center... Not good news. Then decided to start on the cowl and drivers front fender and my DA up and died on me halfway through....

Night ended up on a good note, my buddy set up some time at a local steel manufacturer for us to use their equipment to weld up my rear end! Guess it was a Happy Birthday for me, oh, did I mention it was my Birthday?

A bit hot yesterday, around 103 degrees so I just tinkered around with some small stuff. Took the 3 inch section that was cut out of my rear axle tube and used it to trim up my ladder bar brackets and coil over mounts. The next step in getting the 8.8 ready to roll under the rear...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 325
-
Back