1974 Roadrunner or Satellite??

-
Love the PICS and Love them Slotted Dish Mags, I had them on my 72 Javelin SST and they just MADE the Look. (still wish I had the SOB).

Thanks Daves69, we've got it established already that yes it is indeed a RR. My luck is always shitty so knowing my luck, something will happen unforeseen and I won't get this car, but so far it looks like I'll be getting it, Will be using Tax Refund Money for it and wife is Ok with it (told me Disney land next year if I get this though, UGH LOL).

Plan on getting the 76 Dart up and Running, for her, and the RR for me and then giving the 08 chevy POS Aveo to my son for back and forth to school. Spring is going to be busy busy busy for me. The 76 Dart has Sat for 10 yrs, bought it from the original owner, it drove when she parked it but all the fuel seals and gaskets are so dried up, everything leaks on it, can't even prime it to get it started at this point. They did drain the fuel tank though when they parked it thank gawd. I got everything to rebuild the Carb, Tune up stuff and Gaskets so that will be first on the list for this spring. The RR I can work on over time as I have my F150 to drive until then and the Family Mini Van.

Thanks Sireland67, I was thinking Vectors for the RR, but your Pic convinced me to track down some Slotted Dish Mags for when the time comes.

The "M" in the VIN is the giveaway here! Each model car has a certain trim level as stated in the 2nd character of the VIN! Satellite and Roadrunner have a different trim class, and always have! Same for Belvedere and Fury, there's how many different trim levels of those names?? Roadrunner was based on a no frills platform and will not have the same trim items on it as a Satellite, hence the "M" for medium trim level! Geof

Love the PICS and Love them Slotted Dish Mags, I had them on my 72 Javelin SST and they just MADE the Look. (still wish I had the SOB).

Things don't work out on the RR get in touch with me,
I know where 2 70 Javelins' are sitting in Ohio, an SST and a regular.

Greetings,

Well, Sunday we got the 74 Roadrunner hauled off by the Licensed Tow Truck company so we can get an abandoned Title on it. (state requires that an abandoned vehicle title can only be requested by a licensed tow truck company even if it sits on YOUR land). Keeping our Fingers Crossed that no one lays a claim to it and in about 3 months we should have a title for it. So long as no one disputes it. It's been on this Guys Property for over 3 yrs, just dropped off, no explanation or anything so we are hopeful. Paid the guy 500 for it, and then another 560 to the Tow Truck Company for the Abandoned Title work and tow. Wish Us Luck.

Attachments

• RR1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 149
  • RR2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 161
  • RR3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 144
There is only Surface Rust on this thing, (Plate that's on it is a Cali Plate) and only one spot on the Drivers side just in front of the rear tire where the rust goes through. Trunk Floor is in excellent condition and it had a complete set of 4 Rallye Rims on it (missing one center cap for them), had to swap them out with the rims on that Parts Mini Van I had to get it towed. Engine is dismantled in prep for a rebuild they never got to. Gasket sets are in the trunk. 318 under the hood. Only thing left that says Road Runner on it is the Nameplate on the Glove Box.

Thats a great story to read. I am glad you are moving this cars story forward. I own a 70, so I understand the Xwife story, my 70 was in my parents garage....my 67 Barracuda wasnt, X sold the Barracuda.
Good luck!! Will be great.
Andrew/Kidd

:thumbup: Congrats on moving forward with pursuing the Road Runner!!

The 73-74 B-Bodies are still up for grabs reasonably priced & growing in popularity IMO. I've been fond of the body style for the last several years & they ride like a dream :D

We have a junk yard up here in this neck of the woods and he has a 73 sitting in his, Blown Motor, Body in worse shape than this one, and his greedy *** wants 4k for it. No Rims on it either. I think if everything goes right on this one, It's a steal at 500 bucks for the car and just shy of 600 for the tow.

Yup we love the RR it was our last car we did, than the Dart was next.360 391 gear fast fast it was.

Attachments

• 100_1025.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_0932.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 73
  • 2007-08-19018.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0695.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 94
-
Back