1976 Plymouth Duster Info

-

Pana.Mopar

Duster Down Under
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just purchased a '76 Duster and havent taken delivery of the vehicle yet but just want to find out more about it...

Just a few questions on '76 Plymouth Duster with 318 and Auto..

Does anyone know what type differential and gearing this vehicle wouldve come out with from the factory?

Does anyone have a Sales Brochure or spec sheet on the '76 Dusters that they could email me?

Cheerz,

Andrew

The rear could be a 7-1/4 to an 8-1/4 in ring size. Gear ratio's can be from 2.76 - 3.23 or 3.21. They might have had the lower gear set in those years. 2.45's.

Trans will be a 904

carb stock is a 2bbl. More likely a Carter BBD.

There's a link to spec pages..........I'll see if I can dig it up..........I just went through this myself..........

If it's a 318, the 904 is correct.........but I believe they stopped pairing it with a 7-1/4...........I think they were all 8-1/4's on a 318 in 76..........the gear ratios in the previous thread are right on..........if you wanted the high touring gears, they were special order..........:read2:

so you bought that duster huh Pana.Mopar? the one in your avatar? i saw that duster when it was for sale a few weeks ago in california if i remember correctly. i even showed it to my wife. it is very pretty! what a great combo. very nice indeed, good job!

so you bought that duster huh Pana.Mopar? the one in your avatar? i saw that duster when it was for sale a few weeks ago in california if i remember correctly. i even showed it to my wife. it is very pretty! what a great combo. very nice indeed, good job!

Yeah, I've been looking for a good A-Body for a while as I sold my Aussie Valiant and it was time I moved into a Yankee machine. Was looking at a Demon, a Dart Sport and a couple of Dusters. I just loved the colour combo and options on this car. It's about to be put into a container and heading Down Under... Can't wait till it get's here.. Give the old girl a tidy up, engine out for freshen up and time to cruise... Yeah, just wanted something different.. There's a lot of Challengers, Chargers and Cuda's here in Oz but very rarely will you find a good A-Body cruising around and hence the decision..

I'm glad a friend of mine put me onto this forum. It's awesome!

-
Back